JM is officially open to considering changing the offense in the off season...,

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
OptionThis
Warrior

JM is officially open to considering changing the offense in the off season...,

Post by OptionThis »

Sal notes on his site that Coach Monken mentioned on his recent interview on Sirius Radio's Full Ride program, hosted by Rick Neuheisel among others, that he is open to under center changes to the offense in the off season. Per Sal, here's the quote:

More under center plays could be in Army’s future. Just don’t know if they will happen in the last two games. Jeff Monken said about the offense on SiriusXM’s “Full Ride”: “What we got to figure out is if that is what we need to continue to do on a full time basis or if we need to be a mix of what we had been doing and what we are doing now. Those are offseason decisions. We are in the middle of a season and we have to go what we have trained to do.”
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: JM is officially open to considering changing the offense in the off season...,

Post by WrekDivr »

Makes sense. Installing a new offense mid-season isn’t really feasible. Regardless of how the new O performed, I would expect JM to do a detailed review of it in the offseason and make some changes as required.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: JM is officially open to considering changing the offense in the off season...,

Post by wpgrad »

As I have posted before, I expect to see continued modifications like we saw vs holy cross with about 5 under center plays. I expect in 2024 we’ll be under center 20% of plays
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

wpgrad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:43 pm As I have posted before, I expect to see continued modifications like we saw vs holy cross with about 5 under center plays. I expect in 2024 we’ll be under center 20% of plays
Well I guess it happened sooner than you thought and more like 100% of plays.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

prideandream wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:09 pm
wpgrad wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:43 pm As I have posted before, I expect to see continued modifications like we saw vs holy cross with about 5 under center plays. I expect in 2024 we’ll be under center 20% of plays
Well I guess it happened sooner than you thought and more like 100% of plays.
First, i am 100% wrong. Monken said in interview post game they committed to do it first series, and it worked, so they kept doing it

Second, thatcher didnt even have a play card in front of him. I dont think he called plays today. If i’m him, i feel like i just lost my job

Third, to be clear, my preference 100% is we run an effective rush offense (like today, like AF game 21-0 a few years ago) all the time. I’d be thrilled if we never threw a pass

Today was as surprised as i’ve been as an army fan
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

This shows how frustrated JM was like the rest of us. The interesting thing was the more wide open nature of the under center play call. More outside pitches than we have seen in a long time. This gives me real hope for some kind of a hybrid offense.
0 x
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

today looked incredible

One of these days we will be able
To hit a wide open tight end
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Dong Fong '09 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:31 pm today looked incredible

One of these days we will be able
To hit a wide open tight end
You have big dreams. 😁

What fun today was. Daily tan the TO quite well and, as usual, ran like a beast.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Yeah, it'd be nice to hit a receiver...
But I wouldn't trade Daily's triggerman instincts or his bull rush for a better arm.
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

How about the clips they showed of Daily in high school playing line backer?? He was lighting folks up!
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic