Fallen Comrade

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Fallen Comrade

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

Steve Dwyer was my classmate and friend. His helicopter crashed in the Mediterranean last week while supporting operations related to the recent Middle East crisis. I believe they are currently trying to recover his body and the aircraft.

Please consider donating to his family. Link below. Thanks.

https://legaciesalive.com/cw3-steve-dwyer/
1 x
westcoastarmyfan
Warrior

Re: Fallen Comrade

Post by westcoastarmyfan »

Dong Fong
My condolences to you and your classmates. I read about this a couple of days ago. A question that I have is this--when I was in RVN a lot of the pilots were warrant officers, some LTs. Since he graduated from WP, why is he a CW3 instead of O2, etc.
0 x
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

westcoastarmyfan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:04 pm Dong Fong
My condolences to you and your classmates. I read about this a couple of days ago. A question that I have is this--when I was in RVN a lot of the pilots were warrant officers, some LTs. Since he graduated from WP, why is he a CW3 instead of O2, etc.
He was field artillery officer for nearly ten years and then resigned his commission and became a pilot.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Dong Fong '09 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:09 pm
westcoastarmyfan wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:04 pm Dong Fong
He was field artillery officer for nearly ten years and then resigned his commission and became a pilot.
I had a classmate do the same. He wanted to fly, so when he got to cpt he switched to CW so he could just fly not be in command/staff
0 x
westcoastarmyfan
Warrior

Post by westcoastarmyfan »

Thanks for the answers.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic