Army Navy Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: Army Navy Game Thread

Post by WrekDivr »

Wonder how the Navy faithful feel about KN’s firing now.
0 x
ArmyBone92
Warrior

Post by ArmyBone92 »

Ugly, Ugly, Ugly, Ugly lousy win. I can’t believe I’m so angry after an Army win over Navy. The whole coaching staff needs to answer for this crap product. I don't know if I’m angrier at Thatcher or whoever the hell coaches defence. Or Monken for presiding over it all.
1 x
USMA76
Warrior

Post by USMA76 »

All I care about is that Air Force will be shipping the trophy to West Point.
0 x
armyftball
Warrior

Post by armyftball »

Go to tune in radio website or app and search for WGHQ.
Live post game.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

ArmyBone92 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:38 pm Ugly, Ugly, Ugly, Ugly lousy win. I can’t believe I’m so angry after an Army win over Navy. The whole coaching staff needs to answer for this crap product. I don't know if I’m angrier at Thatcher or whoever the hell coaches defence. Or Monken for presiding over it all.
6 wins. CiC trophy. And you are complaining??????
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

wpgrad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:51 pm
ArmyBone92 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:38 pm Ugly, Ugly, Ugly, Ugly lousy win. I can’t believe I’m so angry after an Army win over Navy. The whole coaching staff needs to answer for this crap product. I don't know if I’m angrier at Thatcher or whoever the hell coaches defence. Or Monken for presiding over it all.
6 wins. CiC trophy. And you are complaining??????
We should be bowling. ULM and UMASS were horrible losses.

The CIC trophy is nice but we almost blew a 14-point lead because Monken trusted a punter and the DC played the softest defense in history.
0 x
21-17!
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

Great first half by Army. Great D going into the last five minutes of the game.

Got ultra conservative on O, and just didn't move the ball. Had nothing to do with Navy's D. Just about as conservative as you can play offensively in the second half without going into victory formation on every drive.

Gotta give credit to Navy's D. Daily threw three touchdowns in that game that were knocked down at the last second by Navy DBs. Just good plays on both sides of the ball. Army could have easily been up 28 in the fourth quarter. Really liked the wildcat look with Udoh. Think we could have gotten a few more first downs with it.

Hard to figure why Woody didn't tell the outside DBs to plant their feet at the first down marker or move up 5 yards on D when Navy started exploiting the 10-yard cushion. Had em playing as though the Navy receivers had world-class speed. Nearly gave the game away.

Hell of a stop on Navy's final play. I think if they pass or do pretty much anything but run up the middle, Navy probably completes the comeback.

We likely don't win that game under center.

Good W. Gotta be more aggressive on offense to the seal the win.
Last edited by kfan12 on Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
BG
JKillerK
Warrior

Post by JKillerK »

Even the announcers were questioning the soft defense and three down line men. It never works for any team. It just shows you that the coaches never really watch other footballgames. even a casual fan will tell you that the QB has to be pressured and the receivers covered like flies on s T.
1 x
Boris23
Warrior

Post by Boris23 »

A win like this is a credit to the character and skill of the players and the infrastructure of recruiting and
development established by Coach Monken. But there are serious flaws in the man and the coaching infrastructure that Coach Monken has built. Until that is rectified I do not believe Coach Monken's teams will reach their full potential. But is was a valiant effort by both teams and especially Army's defense.
The Commander in Chief Trophy will return to West Point and that is to Coach Monken's credit too.
It was a stalwart team effort and for the second year a magnificent goal line stand. This was a credit to Nate Woody. A great gift for Army's 34 seniors, the Corps of Cadets and the team's devoted fans.
2 x
USMA76
Warrior

Post by USMA76 »

USMA76 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:09 pm The game has a feel like Army should just be able to turn on the jets and run away with this. However, we all know it'll be gut-wrenching to the very end. They always are.
Told ‘ya.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic