Good lord

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
PrideandDream
Warrior

Good lord

Post by PrideandDream »

Offense still horrid.

Zero points in the 2nd half again.

And let’s be clear this is the worst navy team we’ve played in decades.

Significant issues and if we continue in this scheme then don’t expect the AAC to be any better.

Pd
2 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Good lord

Post by wpgrad »

Commander in chief. First win over ranked team since 1972. Top 5 ending of army navy in history. Blew out 8-0 Air Force. Won our last 4 games after starting 2-6. Team filled with kids who never quit after a few bad losses. As posted a month ago, probably the 7th best season we’ve had in 3 decades……

And you wanna bitch about this?
2 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

prideandream wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:23 pm Offense still horrid.

Significant issues and if we continue in this scheme then don’t expect the AAC to be any better.

Pd

I am sorry you didn’t get your Tale of Two Cities I told you so moment.
1 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

wpgrad wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:46 pm Commander in chief. First win over ranked team since 1972. Top 5 ending of army navy in history. Blew out 8-0 Air Force. Won our last 4 games after starting 2-6. Team filled with kids who never quit after a few bad losses. As posted a month ago, probably the 7th best season we’ve had in 3 decades……

And you wanna bitch about this?
We were gifted a game by AF and I can’t remember seeing a worse Navy team. Sometimes you have to win ugly. And sometimes you have to be lucky. But if either of those teams showed a modicum of competence, we would have been toast in both games.

Enjoy the win, but don’t be satisfied by this season. It’s going to be a hell of a lot harder next year.

Beat em!
2 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

prideandream wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:23 pm Offense still horrid.

Pd
Navy had a poor team but the #28 rushing defense in the country. The O looked pretty damn good in the first half. Granted the second half wasn’t as good. Last year, Army rushed for 125 yards total, including 2 OTs. This year it was 205 with no OTs. Last year we had 28 yards passing. This year we had 54. Last year we had a total of 10 first downs. This year it was 15. Last year our TOP was 32:27. This year it was 33:21. Solid improvement in each metric. Looks like the gun beats under center to me.
1 x
Dude69
Warrior

Post by Dude69 »

Happy with win. Neither team could win FCA and probably not even D2 championship. A box of chocolates and it was full of mystery fruit nougat filled pieces with sea salt sprinkle. My venison chili was really good! So I got that going for me into the post season.
2 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

I understand folks being happy we won and got the CIC, but how can anyone be happy with that offensive gameplan? Just because we beat a terrible Navy team? How many teams are we going to beat with that gameplan next year? Good God. I was so disappointed not to se a hybrid of the Gun and under center. Do we need a building to fall on us to figure out our production stinks. I know this: that Navy team was as bad as a couple of the Army teams from our “dark period”. And in those years Navy blew our doors off with terrible lopsided scores. Yet we barely scrape by and almost got into another overtime game. If you are truly happy and satisfied with yesterday than you are settling big time.
1 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Well the terrible navy team won 4 AAC games. So maybe we win 5? Plus our fcs game. Plus AF and Navy. So next year we are 8-4?

Not even close to the “dark year”

I swear you all forget what its like to go 1-11 each year
1 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

wpgrad wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:29 am Well the terrible navy team won 4 AAC games. So maybe we win 5? Plus our fcs game. Plus AF and Navy. So next year we are 8-4?

Not even close to the “dark year”

I swear you all forget what its like to go 1-11 each year
It’s actually a wasted year. Bailey is a stud and would have excelled in last years offense.

I really hope that going better than 1-11 is some people’s standard. But if we play the way we did this year, we will be back there again with the one win being over an incompetent navy program.
1 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

CiC trophy. First win over ranked team in 51 years. All time classic navy game. 4 straight wins to end season as we enter the AAC

Equals

“Wasted year”

Got it
3 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic