New Offense

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Re: New Offense

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

GO 150s 87 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:47 am As usual, I was at the game and in the midst of celebrating was still scratching my head. During Ken Kraetzer's huddle last week both Steve Chaloult and I predicted Army's offense would use both offenses and would jump from one O to the other at the LOS. Obviously that did not happen. But it became even more perplexing that as the game progressed Army didn't use the under center TO at all. When the teams came back after halftime it was obvious navy had made adjustments to counter Army's offense of choice. Why did Army not counter with under center TO? This is the mystery and, quite frankly, it allowed navy to get back in the game on an afternoon when this match should of been won by three scores and NOT come down to a goal line stand with 3 seconds to go.

All I can say is thank God for 6-6 and the CIC. The team achieved this, for the most part, in spite of the offense. I trust in Monken. However, I have to believe Coach M is already looking at shaking up the approach to offense during the off-season. The Thatcher offense was a big step backwards all season long with painful stretches embedded within almost every game. From my foxhole, I believe we're using Bryson Dailey with one hand and leg tied behind his back. The guy is a warrior QB who is built for the role and he flourishes under center in TO. I believe he is is the second coming of Ronnie McAda. We'll see what the off-season brings.
I agree with just about everything you're saying, particularly with Daily being perfectly suited for the triple O (How he didn't get a meaningful shot last year despite the weak QB play is unbelievable).

My only disagreement is saying that our offense took a step back. It wasn't a step forward, but our offense stunk last year too.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

GO 150s 87 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:47 am As usual, I was at the game and in the midst of celebrating was still scratching my head...
Did you take any pictures? I'm kinda curious how you looked celebrating while scratching your head.
0 x
BG
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

We took a serious step back in point production and points win games. Thank God for our solid defense this year. If our defense was poor we might have won 3 games.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

kfan12 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:33 pm
GO 150s 87 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:47 am As usual, I was at the game and in the midst of celebrating was still scratching my head...
Did you take any pictures? I'm kinda curious how you looked celebrating while scratching your head.
It's easy. Colonel Sam holds an "adult beverage" in one hand and scratches, with dexterity, his head with the other, while jumping at least 12 inches off the ground. 150 Lb former football players are known to accomplish the feat. Ricard Miller is always amazed.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic