Need to Apologize

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ithurtstowatch
Warrior

Need to Apologize

Post by ithurtstowatch »

I need to apologize to all Army fans for yesterday. You see, after we scooped and scored with less than 5 minutes left in the game, I made the careless and thoughtless comment to my wife that I was glad that finally I was going to be able to celebrate our victory with more than four minutes left in the game. I realize now that I almost cost us all the Army Navy game. It was a stupid and reckless jinx and for that, I need to apologize. For all of the curses and "F@$#ing stupid c&%$@$!ers!" that didn't need to be said, for all of the broken glasses or bottles, and for all of the marital wars that this started as a result, I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong and I won't ever, ever do it again. If you could all please find it in your gray hearts to forgive me, I would be very thankful.
4 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Re: Need to Apologize

Post by rbmarmy »

you are forgiven but for your penance say three Our Father's and take 2 laps, around the field. AMEN
1 x
2mint
Warrior

Post by 2mint »

ithurtstowatch wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:05 am I need to apologize to all Army fans for yesterday. You see, after we scooped and scored with less than 5 minutes left in the game, I made the careless and thoughtless comment to my wife that I was glad that finally I was going to be able to celebrate our victory with more than four minutes left in the game. I realize now that I almost cost us all the Army Navy game. It was a stupid and reckless jinx and for that, I need to apologize. For all of the curses and "F@$#ing stupid c&%$@$!ers!" that didn't need to be said, for all of the broken glasses or bottles, and for all of the marital wars that this started as a result, I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong and I won't ever, ever do it again. If you could all please find it in your gray hearts to forgive me, I would be very thankful.
Glad to hear it was you and not me. I thought for sure I was the one that jinxed us.

Leave it to us to turn what should’ve been a 3 score victory into a nail biter.
1 x
Army41
Warrior

Post by Army41 »

You are forgiven my sons as I am culpable to the Nth degree , let he who is without sin cast the first stone, however as difficult we made it on ourselves it was an incredible last two plays that should be celebrated forever in Army lore
1 x
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

Lol, good one! However, I had your back ithurtstowatch: I had my "Beat Navy" beard in place. In all of recorded history, Army has never lost to Navy when I've got a beard. Foolishly tested it out 2 years ago and went to the game in the Meadowlands clean-shaven...and we all know how that went. I was clean-shaven the Malcolm Perry year as well. The full connection to the magic in the beard wasn't clear to me until last year when I realized the correlation (or perhaps causation?), going back in my memory and in photographic evience to review the victories in 2016-2018 and realizing the beard had been there for those and every subsequent Army victory since. I only wish I'd come to this knowledge sooner and perhaps the 14 year losing streak could have ended earlier! Never fear Army faithful, the "Beat Navy" beard will be in effect until proven the magic in that talisman has worn off. For now, we can all rest easy in savoring this year's W!
1 x
Army41
Warrior

Post by Army41 »

My ‘ beard ‘ is an Army Athletics Tee that is literally hanging by threads that only comes out when needed , hasn’t been washed since 2020 and kept separate from all other clothing since the CIC was at stake it was worn yesterday and worked.
My father was a retired BG who came up from the enlisted ranks and passed in 2000 , he loved Army football and our tradition was after beating Navy we’d each have a shot of Boodles gin , my dad a few more than one , out of kicking mules shot glasses that bottle stayed corked for 14 years and when I finally poured two after breaking the streak , one for my dad it never tasted so good. Yesterday’s was quite tasty also , so here’s to the beard , the Tee and the Boodles may we do it again for many years…here’s looking at you
1 x
Coach MC
Warrior

Post by Coach MC »

After the scoop and score, I said, "Ballgame". I immediately thought about what I'd done and my wife gave me the look. I should have known the next 4 minutes of the game would be nerve wracking, aided by our corners giving 10+ yard cushions.
1 x
GO 150s 87
Warrior

Post by GO 150s 87 »

Yes, I need to hunt down everyone who was sitting around me in CL34 at the game and sincerely apologize to each of them for exactly the same reason.
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic