Navy Loses O Line Coach

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Navy Loses O Line Coach

Post by WrekDivr »

Navy’s O line coach is moving on to be a division 2 head coach.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/2023/12/ ... on-newman/
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Navy Loses O Line Coach

Post by wpgrad »

This is one of those under the radar things that fans sometimes ignore that could be a huge impact on Navy. 16 year Vet of staff, heavily involved in recruiting process, obviously crazy high knowledge of option OL coaching (which was a common complaint on this board, ie, our coaches don't know what they are doing).

Navy has landed some studs over the years from Tennessee and for years he was the tennessee recruiter (Keenan Reynolds and Malcolm Perry, for example)

This is a huge blow for Navy.

Also I get wanting to be a head coach, but I'd be surprised if this isn't a pay cut and you go from Army Navy sellout in Foxboro to the highly desirable Carson Newman versus Catawba College battle.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

Could be a pay cut. From what I read they run the option, so if he can quickly move the needle in the Win column, he may be taking a step down to get his head coaching cred and start moving up that ladder.
0 x
BG
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

Assuming we are in the market for an O-line coach, this means we may be competing for the same guy.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic