2024 AAC opponents

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: 2024 AAC opponents

Post by wpgrad »

Utsa. Rice. Uab. East carolina. Leheigh

Yeah, for sure, joining a conference makes our home schedule so much more awesome. Probably need to buy tix now before that Rice game sells out
0 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

With construction starting on the East stands I wonder if they will move the Air Force game to Giants Stadium? Anywhere but Yankee Stadium.
0 x
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

wpgrad wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:37 pm Utsa. Rice. Uab. East carolina. Leheigh

Yeah, for sure, joining a conference makes our home schedule so much more awesome. Probably need to buy tix now before that Rice game sells out
Nice to trade home games with Syracuse and Wake for this schedule.
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Here is a quick look of where CBS Sports had them ranked on 12/5 (their latest):

Army (pre Navy win): 97

Only two teams on the list are ranked higher:

UTSA: 47
Rice: 94

North Texas is close to Army at 98

The rest are all ranked in the 100’s
UAB: 110
FAU: 112
Tulsa: 117
Temple: 125
ECU: 128

Things can change pretty dramatically from one season to the next, but there are no teams on this list we can’t beat. We beat UTSA (highest ranked of the AAC teams we play next year) at their place this year and get them at home in 2024.

Could be an exciting year if our O takes a significant step forward. They will need to as we are losing a lot of Firsties on D.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

Last edited by neumanna1 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

And mind you----for UTSA----word is that Frank Harris will finally end his 22 year career.
1 x
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

FSUBulldog0 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:44 pm

That's an 8 game conference schedule...add in AF and Navy to get to 10 games. That leaves room for 1 FCS team and presumably 1 P5 game. Perhaps we can keep the Syracuse home game we are owed after playing them on the road this year? With 4 home conference games, plus AF at home, plus an FCS team at home...that's 6 home games for sure. If they are able to keep the Syracuse game that would give 7 home games next season, which would be very good.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

gabn92 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:44 pm
FSUBulldog0 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:44 pm

That's an 8 game conference schedule...add in AF and Navy to get to 10 games. That leaves room for 1 FCS team and presumably 1 P5 game. Perhaps we can keep the Syracuse home game we are owed after playing them on the road this year? With 4 home conference games, plus AF at home, plus an FCS team at home...that's 6 home games for sure. If they are able to keep the Syracuse game that would give 7 home games next season, which would be very good.
The FCS game is Leheigh. Its on their website.

One of the biggest complaints in the CUSA years besides losing was nobody wanted to watch Memphis or East Carolina. This is worse. you think anyone within 100 miles of west point really cares about Rice or UAB?

I would bet even money that the AF game is moved due to construction to a NFL type stadium. and our other game is allegedly Notre Dame, confirmed today by Sal, and there is no way we are playing ND at michie

I think we'll see a 5-game Michie schedule in 2024.

I truly fail to see how THIS schedule is better than what we already had. And, in terms of ticket sales, we ALWAYS sell good for the Lafayettes and Holy Crosses of the world. In fact, HC was our 2nd highest ticket sales this year.

For those of you who wanted a conference, enjoy. Cause we'll get these same teams year after year after year. I hate us being in the AAC. There is no reason why we could get a long term deal going with UMASS and UConn. Plus an FCS. Plus Navy and AF. And then we go find games each year like we've been doing. This was a panic move attempting to project "how hard it will be to scheudule games" 15 years from now.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

I’ll take the schedule. Earlier this year the discussion was all about how awesome AF’s offense was. Why can’t we be the same? Well, I think the answer is that they had an easy schedule and once we punched them in the mouth, they fell apart. Well, now we have a winnable schedule without having 2 FCS teams on it. People are gonna bitch about something so let them bitch while I watch Army winning a bowl game next year.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic