2024 Schedule

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Coach MC
Warrior

Re: 2024 Schedule

Post by Coach MC »

I'm torn on Notre Dame as the second opponent for our two available games. On the plus side, it's a national opponent with a brand name, so an upset would be monumental. And there is traditional history there. Lots of alumni in the metropolitan area, so game would be a big draw. On the down side, it's a game we generally have a very difficult time winning, and we are beat up physically afterwards. I'm cautiously optimistic for next season, but we may need every win we can get, you never know.

If I were choosing, I'd say Boston College or Syracuse would fit the bill of a P5 opponent with regional marketability, a large alumni base in the area, and a team we would be more competitive with. But Notre Dame seems to have the open date that works for us and they are the opponent, so be it. I do like that it is later in the year.
0 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

I love the idea of Army playing ND - rivalry games are an endangered species, grab them while you can!

Having said that, my expectations are low for the actual outcome of the game. Given that this may be the last game before Navy, I'm a bit skeptical that we'll see Daily on the field for that game. The last time Army played ND, QB Bradshaw sat the game out with a mysterious injury that forced Chris Carter to be fed to the wolves in a game that was over seconds after the opening kickoff. A similar pattern emerged last year when in the weeks leading up to the AFA game, Daily sat out the LSU game and the UMass game -until he somehow healed right after Army fell behind early in that game.

Given the amount of uninteresting matchups an AAC schedule provides, this game is a breath of fresh air. But I'll be pleasantly surprised if the game if the game is anywhere near competitive.
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Can't wait to "hit the road" for all these AWAY conference games this fall!!!
Artually all the hitting the road I will do is traveling from my bedroom to my TV room watching the Army games on TV, providing some road games will be on TV.
Last season was the first and only time in Army Football history that each and every game I was able to view on a station I could get. I don't believe under the AAC, I will have the same opportunity this year of the same opportunity. AH! the joys of being a conference member. :?
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic