2024 Schedule

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
neumanna1
Warrior

Re: 2024 Schedule

Post by neumanna1 »

Looks like last year Notre Dame announced their football schedule right around now (actually a week earlier). So if that 12th game is the rumored Army-ND game at Yankee Stadium I'd imagine we'll be hearing about it soon.
1 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

I am told the game is one for sure but don't know the location. They play Navy October 26 at Met Life, so do they want to two games in NY City in the same month?

My guess is that it will be at Notre Dame and, if not, then a location like Jerry World. Not NY again.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

The most ridiculous matchup of the year.
Here we have a full slate of AAC games and with only two openings, we play Notre Dame!!!
That series is about as competitive as a pro team playing a pee wee team.
Yeah sure, schedule Notre Dame! Why Not? We have not beat them since 1958 ( 66 years).
That series has been dead since and it ought to stay dead as far as I am concerned. A waste of time.
It's Notre Dame all the time. Let them play a team like Georgia or Alabama.
But our illustrious AD wants the BIG Money. So go ahead and play them at South Bend or how about the damn moon. I could care less.
It was always a great series when I was a kid. Now? Totally laughable.
I would have rather played Dartmouth instead. At least we would have had a chance for a win.
But we now chase the money and the new east stands for what? Hell with our now boring future schedules, we won't need another memorial to the past. We sure won't get anybody to come anymore, playing a slew of half -baked teams.
Every day I read our local opponents have dropped us for other teams and it is our fault that this is so. We ought to be ashamed of ourselves for all of this. It sucks. I'm downright disgusted.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

Got an e-mail that the Lehigh game will be that Friday night (8/30). I kind of expected that because usually when they're home on Labor Day weekend, they play the game Friday. I don't mind that at all. Will still be warm that time of year so should be a nice night for a hopefully drama-free game (famous last words).
0 x
hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

giant16 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:03 am
hiangle6 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:12 am
Closing my eyes and crossing my fingers and toes.

"Please keep the UNLV game, Please keep the UNLV game, Please keep the UNLV game."
Sorry, but UNLV Game cancelled. Announced yesterday.
https://www.ktnv.com/sports/unlv-sports ... djustments.
Damnit.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

RABBLE wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:16 pm The most ridiculous matchup of the year.
Here we have a full slate of AAC games and with only two openings, we play Notre Dame!!!
That series is about as competitive as a pro team playing a pee wee team.
Yeah sure, schedule Notre Dame! Why Not? We have not beat them since 1958 ( 66 years).
That series has been dead since and it ought to stay dead as far as I am concerned. A waste of time.
It's Notre Dame all the time. Let them play a team like Georgia or Alabama.
But our illustrious AD wants the BIG Money. So go ahead and play them at South Bend or how about the damn moon. I could care less.
It was always a great series when I was a kid. Now? Totally laughable.
I would have rather played Dartmouth instead. At least we would have had a chance for a win.
But we now chase the money and the new east stands for what? Hell with our now boring future schedules, we won't need another memorial to the past. We sure won't get anybody to come anymore, playing a slew of half -baked teams.
Every day I read our local opponents have dropped us for other teams and it is our fault that this is so. We ought to be ashamed of ourselves for all of this. It sucks. I'm downright disgusted.
Playing Notre Dame is the closest thing to the glory years we have left.
0 x
21-17!
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Since we are reiterating our feelings over and over and over and over ad nauseum about Notre Dame, I'll add mine:

I love the Notre Dame game. I love Army/Notre Dame. I loved the "Game of the Century" in Yankee Stadium. It was such a fierce rivalry that it was cancelled for many years. It was Doc and Glenn vs Lujack and others. Football history at it's finest. Army/Notre Dame. It's legacy.

Yeah, it's been tough for us lately. The '95 game tore my heart out. If Leschinski runs his route 1 yard deeper on the 2 pt conversion we win. "Army deserved to win", said Lou Holtz after the game. Navy and Air Force have both beaten the Irish in recent history....

And we can too. Yeah, we'll be large dogs, but that's what makes it better. When we get under center, when we triple-option Daily and Odoh and Reed and Johnson and Robinson down their throats for 8 and 9 minute drives, when we get their defense sucking air, and if we play mistake-free..........we can beat 'em. We came close vs Oklahoma and Michigan in their stadiums, so the venue don't matter. Whether it's South Bend or Yankee Stadium again, I'm lovin that game. It's a chance for glory, and I'm lovin' it.

And oh by the way, I'll guarandamntee you one more thing: THE PLAYERS ARE LOVIN IT TOO. Every freaking player in black and gold will have Nov 23d circled on his calendar. 100%.

Lot of work to do beforehand: Need to get that O line dominant and ferocious. Need to replace some key players on D. Need to ID kicker replacements.

That done, bring 'em on. Let 'em wear green. Bring it.

Out.
2 x
3seconddelay
Warrior

Post by 3seconddelay »

Looks like a deal is close for the ND game https://slapthesign.com/posts/notre-dam ... -army-2024
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Even better that they play USC after us.

Don't look too far ahead Irish....

:mrgreen:
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

ARMORMAN wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:16 pm Since we are reiterating our feelings over and over and over and over ad nauseum about Notre Dame, I'll add mine:

I love the Notre Dame game. I love Army/Notre Dame. I loved the "Game of the Century" in Yankee Stadium. It was such a fierce rivalry that it was cancelled for many years. It was Doc and Glenn vs Lujack and others. Football history at it's finest. Army/Notre Dame. It's legacy.

Yeah, it's been tough for us lately. The '95 game tore my heart out. If Leschinski runs his route 1 yard deeper on the 2 pt conversion we win. "Army deserved to win", said Lou Holtz after the game. Navy and Air Force have both beaten the Irish in recent history....

And we can too. Yeah, we'll be large dogs, but that's what makes it better. When we get under center, when we triple-option Daily and Odoh and Reed and Johnson and Robinson down their throats for 8 and 9 minute drives, when we get their defense sucking air, and if we play mistake-free..........we can beat 'em. We came close vs Oklahoma and Michigan in their stadiums, so the venue don't matter. Whether it's South Bend or Yankee Stadium again, I'm lovin that game. It's a chance for glory, and I'm lovin' it.

And oh by the way, I'll guarandamntee you one more thing: THE PLAYERS ARE LOVIN IT TOO. Every freaking player in black and gold will have Nov 23d circled on his calendar. 100%.

Lot of work to do beforehand: Need to get that O line dominant and ferocious. Need to replace some key players on D. Need to ID kicker replacements.

That done, bring 'em on. Let 'em wear green. Bring it.

Out.
Everyone has their own thoughts on this game. That is fine.
I remember those great, close and competitive games. Sure, ND won almost all of them of course but today it is different. ND is always the favorite as far as games are concerned and they get all of the signage and plaudits from the fans and the media no matter where the game is played whether it is South Bend or some so-called neutral site. I say so-called because Army has no consideration whatsoever in anything concerning the game. We are the pawns and just another team that they can beat upon before, during and after the game from the players, fans, coaches and administration.
You can say all you want about the players want the test but the fact is there is really no test at all and just another sacrificial lamb to their self-perceived greatness. I don't like that when they are doing it to our cadets. Don't like it at all.
ANY team, like Notre Dame, who refused to play at our beloved Michie, no matter the size, is like spitting in our faces and saying we do not feel it is in our best interest to play you at your small , insignificant place.
Those people have come a helluva look way in their thinking since that day back in 1913 when they were overjoyed playing Army at West Point.
Sure, they won and they have not stop telling the world about it since. Media the same. The second game we beat the crap out of them. Not a word ever spoken about that one.
Ted Hesburgh, when he was the ND president , said these immortal overblown words when discussing the state of college football---
" COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEEDS NOTRE DAME MORE THAN NOTRE DAME NEEDS COLLEGE FOOTBALL"
What bombast and a bunch a BULLSHI^ All teams make up the grandeur of college football, not Notre Dame who has and still does think the game is nothing without that small and really tiny player that makes up the game.
Besides, they have not won a national championship in decades. That is how good they are in the national rankings.
Out with me too, I guess.

JEER JEER FOR OLD NOTRE DAME
WAKE UP THE ECHOES
Yeah, right. :roll:
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic