2024 Schedule

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: 2024 Schedule

Post by RABBLE »

To me, the schedule sucks but I'm on a tangent.
The AAC sucks but I'm on a tangent.
This will be the biggest mistake West Point ever made but I'm on a tangent.
The AAC will be dissolved in 7-8 years but I'm on a tangent.
The Supe will be gone, Coach Monken will be gone and Mike Beebe will be long gone in 2-4 years but I'm on a tangent.
The memorial East Stands will be built but nobody will show up but I'm on a tangent.
The Big 10 (like 20) and the SEC (half of the teams won't even be in the south) will be the only conferences left standing and everybody else will be independent begging for TV time but I'm on a tangent.
The college football landscape will look like an atom bomb hit it.
We will get tired of the boring schedule in 3 years and wish we were out of it.
Oh, we will get out of it alright-to the tune of a 500 million buyout.
Biggest mistake Army will ever make. A tangent. :?
0 x
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

hiangle6 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:12 am
Closing my eyes and crossing my fingers and toes.

"Please keep the UNLV game, Please keep the UNLV game, Please keep the UNLV game."
Almost no chance this happens, unfortunately.
0 x
palidog
Warrior

Post by palidog »

Rabble: WE get it, you are against Army joining the AAC. And, you are probably right about many of your predictions. The Supe is definitely gone after four years; Buddie will be gone soon enough and Monken will eventually get the upgrade.

But what do you want Army to do? If we do not join a conference, the revenue will start to go down. Michie is half empty most of the time right now because no one wants to see Monroe or Troy in games that are meaningless.

I know you remember the glory days, but they ended during the Vietnam War and the rise of the NFL. Few top athletes want to play at Army these days, so we have to do the best we can. As someone was quoted in Sports Illustrated, Army and Navy will not be top college programs again until World War III breaks out.

Right now, the best choice is the AAC. We have no other choice
1 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

palidog wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:27 pm Rabble: WE get it, you are against Army joining the AAC. And, you are probably right about many of your predictions. The Supe is definitely gone after four years; Buddie will be gone soon enough and Monken will eventually get the upgrade.

But what do you want Army to do? If we do not join a conference, the revenue will start to go down. Michie is half empty most of the time right now because no one wants to see Monroe or Troy in games that are meaningless.

I know you remember the glory days, but they ended during the Vietnam War and the rise of the NFL. Few top athletes want to play at Army these days, so we have to do the best we can. As someone was quoted in Sports Illustrated, Army and Navy will not be top college programs again until World War III breaks out.

Right now, the best choice is the AAC. We have no other choice
You think no one wants to see Troy, wait til you see the crowd for charlotte. Or florida atlantic

Joining a conference was the “easy” path for our AD. It solved a problem that wasnt a problem. We’ll be stuck playing the same no-name teams each year. No longer have ability to schedule 30 different teams in 30 states. And we can only do 1 fcs game when often those are out top selling, best attended games

Remember this is the same AD a few years ago bragged about our independence, said we had games locked in for a decade, and said we were the “notre dame of the group of 5.”

Joining a conference sucks. I’m with Rab
1 x
palidog
Warrior

Post by palidog »

there was no choice here.....it was either a league or fill the schedule with FBS schools with an occasional Troy and UTSA dropped in....
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

palidog wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:42 pm there was no choice here.....it was either a league or fill the schedule with FBS schools with an occasional Troy and UTSA dropped in....
This is the commentary to justify joining a league. Scheduling was hard

But there is zero proof of this, and within the last 2 years, our AD said there were teams lining up to play us and we had schedules made out 10 years in advance. We had one game cancelled. One.

I think the “scheduling issue” is a total crock of bullshit, personally.
1 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

If you recall 2020 was decimated with COVID and within weeks we came up with a schedule. Not the best but A FULL 12 GAMES. So it can be done. We need some former athletic LT's in the AD dept with some leadership skills, instead of a bunch, wanna be SID's. with a turnover rate of 97%!
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

We have played too many FCS schools in most years and have missed a bowl in the last two partially because of that. Instead of 6 wins, we needed 7 and sat out two bowl seasons and the important extra practice that comes with it.

Yes, we should have beat ULM and UMass this year - I fully agree with that. Nonetheless, we won 6 games and sat out bowl season. I am willing to bet that doesn’t happen next year.
0 x
gaetano01
Warrior

Post by gaetano01 »

Army Football's graduation rate is 9th out of 14 teams in the 2024 American Athletic Conference, even with the default use of 5th year graduates, so maybe membership will provide a much-needed boost to Army's academic profile ...

https://twitter.com/TJAltimore/status/1 ... 97/photo/1
0 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

gaetano01 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:03 pm Army Football's graduation rate is 9th out of 14 teams in the 2024 American Athletic Conference, even with the default use of 5th year graduates, so maybe membership will provide a much-needed boost to Army's academic profile ...

https://twitter.com/TJAltimore/status/1 ... 97/photo/1
When you lower academic standards like Navy’s football program has so you can keep thugs on the field like Fagot and the guy who couldn’t be bothered to shake the President of the United States hand of course your graduation rate is going to be high.

Schools like West Point and Liberty still have academic standards and will drop guys from the team if they don’t meet the standard.
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic