2024 Schedule

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: 2024 Schedule

Post by RABBLE »

Let them wear GREEN???
Their colors are BLUE and GOLD in honor of Mary the Mother of God.
How many other teams change their colors because of their motto?
NOBODY-NOBODY !!!
Hell, they are not even the FIGHTING IRISH which I think is a sham to the Irish people. Get rid of the term and restore their original motto, THE RAMBLERS. They used to RAMBLE around the country playing anybody they could get a game with back then. They were once called that.
They changed their motto to the FIGHTING IRISH because of the games against Army in Yankee Stadium where all the Irish rooted for them in the bleachers.
They changed their mascot too from a terrier to some idiot dressed in a green suit called a Leprochaun, a figment of somebody's imagination. A Lep is not even a real thing. Most schools have something that is real, not something that is not and never was.
They won't do that. Hell, how much support do they get if all the Irish don't have as their school an ethic race? NUTHIN !!
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Ok, so you went to a tiny catholic school not named NOTRE DAME with no football program and now you're ridiculously insecure and transparent, like a few snowflake citadel or vmi graduates who are perpetually scornful and jealous when West Point is ever mentioned.

Get over yourself.

Notre Dame is the most recognizable brand in college football. They have a great tradition, a great fight song, a great stadium, their own TV contract, and people fill the stands wherever they go. People either love 'em or hate 'em. And you hate 'em. We all get that, savvy? We get that you're a ND hater. Not necessary for you to BABBLE about it over and over and over and over with the same boring rants...

Good God.
3 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

Yeah you can say what you will about Notre Dame, and I've said plenty, but what you can't say is that they're not still a huge individual brand. Playing them, anywhere, elevates Army. The game will be on national broadcast TV if its an ND home game. If the game is competitive, even better. If Army pulls off the upset, its huge.
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Target!
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

ARMORMAN wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:46 am Ok, so you went to a tiny catholic school not named NOTRE DAME with no football program and now you're ridiculously insecure and transparent, like a few snowflake citadel or vmi graduates who are perpetually scornful and jealous when West Point is ever mentioned.

Get over yourself.

Notre Dame is the most recognizable brand in college football. They have a great tradition, a great fight song, a great stadium, their own TV contract, and people fill the stands wherever they go. People either love 'em or hate 'em. And you hate 'em. We all get that, savvy? We get that you're a ND hater. Not necessary for you to BABBLE about it over and over and over and over with the same boring rants...

Good God.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

RABBLE wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:57 am
ARMORMAN wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:46 am Ok, so you went to a tiny catholic school not named NOTRE DAME with no football program and now you're ridiculously insecure and transparent, like a few snowflake citadel or vmi graduates who are perpetually scornful and jealous when West Point is ever mentioned.

Get over yourself.

Good God.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

RABBLE wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:57 am

Get over yourself.

Good God.
Mr. Armourman--
True, I did go and graduate from St. Bonaventure and I love my school. As far as Notre Dame is concerned, I respect Notre Dame as a fine institution. My brother graduated from Notre Dame.
What I do not like is the way the school operates their football program in the fact that they consider themselves to be the CHOSEN PEOPLE of college football and god's gift to the sport.
They refuse to play us at Michie Stadium because of its "small" size. That alone pisses me off. They are always included withhout even being a member of a conference and you tell me why? When they are included and play amongst the BIG BOYS, they get their tail blown off in playoffs.
Their TV contract with NBC is a joke to the exclusion of every other program being televised AND they have not won a national championship in over 25 years. Yeah, big team!!! ;)
As I said in my last post, president Hesburgh once said that college football needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs college football. What a phony thing to say and the bombast from him was striking.
Why are you so damn annoyed at me all the time when I say I do not appreciate all the things Notre Dame puts out there which are so full of crap that it makes my head spin?
On top of all this, I am a good practicing Catholic, love my faith and I do not like all that Notre Dame does using my faith to foster their football program. They appear to me that they are the ONLY catholic school out there. They are NOT ! What they really are are just another fine midwest catholic school, nothing more, nothing less. Put that in your hat.
Best Wishes.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

RABBLE wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:57 pm
ARMORMAN wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:16 pm Since we are reiterating our feelings over and over and over and over ad nauseum about Notre Dame, I'll add mine:

I love the Notre Dame game. I love Army/Notre Dame. I loved the "Game of the Century" in Yankee Stadium. It was such a fierce rivalry that it was cancelled for many years. It was Doc and Glenn vs Lujack and others. Football history at it's finest. Army/Notre Dame. It's legacy.

Yeah, it's been tough for us lately. The '95 game tore my heart out. If Leschinski runs his route 1 yard deeper on the 2 pt conversion we win. "Army deserved to win", said Lou Holtz after the game. Navy and Air Force have both beaten the Irish in recent history....

And we can too. Yeah, we'll be large dogs, but that's what makes it better. When we get under center, when we triple-option Daily and Odoh and Reed and Johnson and Robinson down their throats for 8 and 9 minute drives, when we get their defense sucking air, and if we play mistake-free..........we can beat 'em. We came close vs Oklahoma and Michigan in their stadiums, so the venue don't matter. Whether it's South Bend or Yankee Stadium again, I'm lovin that game. It's a chance for glory, and I'm lovin' it.

And oh by the way, I'll guarandamntee you one more thing: THE PLAYERS ARE LOVIN IT TOO. Every freaking player in black and gold will have Nov 23d circled on his calendar. 100%.

Lot of work to do beforehand: Need to get that O line dominant and ferocious. Need to replace some key players on D. Need to ID kicker replacements.

That done, bring 'em on. Let 'em wear green. Bring it.

Out.
Everyone has their own thoughts on this game. That is fine.
I remember those great, close and competitive games. Sure, ND won almost all of them of course but today it is different. ND is always the favorite as far as games are concerned and they get all of the signage and plaudits from the fans and the media no matter where the game is played whether it is South Bend or some so-called neutral site. I say so-called because Army has no consideration whatsoever in anything concerning the game. We are the pawns and just another team that they can beat upon before, during and after the game from the players, fans, coaches and administration.
You can say all you want about the players want the test but the fact is there is really no test at all and just another sacrificial lamb to their self-perceived greatness. I don't like that when they are doing it to our cadets. Don't like it at all.
ANY team, like Notre Dame, who refused to play at our beloved Michie, no matter the size, is like spitting in our faces and saying we do not feel it is in our best interest to play you at your small , insignificant place.
Those people have come a helluva look way in their thinking since that day back in 1913 when they were overjoyed playing Army at West Point.
Sure, they won and they have not stop telling the world about it since. Media the same. The second game we beat the crap out of them. Not a word ever spoken about that one.
Ted Hesburgh, when he was the ND president , said these immortal overblown words when discussing the state of college football---
" COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEEDS NOTRE DAME MORE THAN NOTRE DAME NEEDS COLLEGE FOOTBALL"
What bombast and a bunch a BULLSHI^ All teams make up the grandeur of college football, not Notre Dame who has and still does think the game is nothing without that small and really tiny player that makes up the game.
Besides, they have not won a national championship in decades. That is how good they are in the national rankings.
Out with me too, I guess.

JEER JEER FOR OLD NOTRE DAME
WAKE UP THE ECHOES
Yeah, right. :roll:
RABBLE,

The series was mostly at Yankee Stadium or NYC since the beginning.

I wish we played ND every year. Navy has received plenty of strength and prestige from its annual contest. Canceling the series in 1947 was a devastating poor decision by us.
0 x
21-17!
LoneStarPhan
Warrior

Post by LoneStarPhan »

Returning to the subject of scheduling, we know that ten games each year are already filled and the scheduler only has two spots to fill each season. Whether you hate joining a conference, like it, or are just indifferent, the fact is that Army is now a member of the AAC.

One of those two spots should be filled with an FCS school. I would put this as the first game of the season and always at Michie. It should be a winnable game at home that gives the team a chance to get some real game experience before starting the league schedule. Win this game and they only need to win 5 of the remaining 11 games to be eligible for a bowl bid. I would stick to the FCS schools from the Northeast that were frequently on the schedule in the past 50 years. Teams such as Lehigh, Colgate, Holy Cross, Yale, Dartmouth, Harvard, and so on. Hopefully many of these tams bring some fans to Michie.

The other game to be scheduled should never be a FCS team because that just makes it harder to get a bowl bid. We have seen this the past two seasons. But I would try hard to avoid the one year away option to get a major P5 team on the schedule. I would go for home and away paired games to have this an extra home game about half the time. I would target teams like Boston College and Syracuse, who have the potential of bringing fans to the game at Michie, or teams like Wake, Duke, Stanford, Cal, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, who can provide some new teams and places to travel to for the Army team and fans. Teams such as these also give the better Army teams a good chance at winning this game.

A bowl game is important to the program. It gives the team more practice time, and the excitement of the bowl trip is great for the players. It also helps recruitment and provides money for the program. A bowl bid should always be a goal for the team.

The chance for the Commander-in Chief Trophy is still there as it has been. Joining the conference gives the additional opportunity to win a conference championship and possibly in the new system, the chance to play in the expanded championship post season playoffs. Sure, a long shot, but a possibility.

I would also encourage the folks in charge to improve the home game experience. Find out what fans like and don't like. Make it as pleasant and easy to attend the games at Michie as is possible.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Oliphant wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:45 pm
RABBLE wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:57 pm
ARMORMAN wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:16 pm Since we are reiterating our feelings over and over and over and over ad nauseum about Notre Dame, I'll add mine:

I love the Notre Dame game. I love Army/Notre Dame. I loved the "Game of the Century" in Yankee Stadium. It was such a fierce rivalry that it was cancelled for many years. It was Doc and Glenn vs Lujack and others. Football history at it's finest. Army/Notre Dame. It's legacy.

Yeah, it's been tough for us lately. The '95 game tore my heart out. If Leschinski runs his route 1 yard deeper on the 2 pt conversion we win. "Army deserved to win", said Lou Holtz after the game. Navy and Air Force have both beaten the Irish in recent history....

And we can too. Yeah, we'll be large dogs, but that's what makes it better. When we get under center, when we triple-option Daily and Odoh and Reed and Johnson and Robinson down their throats for 8 and 9 minute drives, when we get their defense sucking air, and if we play mistake-free..........we can beat 'em. We came close vs Oklahoma and Michigan in their stadiums, so the venue don't matter. Whether it's South Bend or Yankee Stadium again, I'm lovin that game. It's a chance for glory, and I'm lovin' it.

And oh by the way, I'll guarandamntee you one more thing: THE PLAYERS ARE LOVIN IT TOO. Every freaking player in black and gold will have Nov 23d circled on his calendar. 100%.

Lot of work to do beforehand: Need to get that O line dominant and ferocious. Need to replace some key players on D. Need to ID kicker replacements.

That done, bring 'em on. Let 'em wear green. Bring it.

Out.
Everyone has their own thoughts on this game. That is fine.
I remember those great, close and competitive games. Sure, ND won almost all of them of course but today it is different. ND is always the favorite as far as games are concerned and they get all of the signage and plaudits from the fans and the media no matter where the game is played whether it is South Bend or some so-called neutral site. I say so-called because Army has no consideration whatsoever in anything concerning the game. We are the pawns and just another team that they can beat upon before, during and after the game from the players, fans, coaches and administration.
You can say all you want about the players want the test but the fact is there is really no test at all and just another sacrificial lamb to their self-perceived greatness. I don't like that when they are doing it to our cadets. Don't like it at all.
ANY team, like Notre Dame, who refused to play at our beloved Michie, no matter the size, is like spitting in our faces and saying we do not feel it is in our best interest to play you at your small , insignificant place.
Those people have come a helluva look way in their thinking since that day back in 1913 when they were overjoyed playing Army at West Point.
Sure, they won and they have not stop telling the world about it since. Media the same. The second game we beat the crap out of them. Not a word ever spoken about that one.
Ted Hesburgh, when he was the ND president , said these immortal overblown words when discussing the state of college football---
" COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEEDS NOTRE DAME MORE THAN NOTRE DAME NEEDS COLLEGE FOOTBALL"
What bombast and a bunch a BULLSHI^ All teams make up the grandeur of college football, not Notre Dame who has and still does think the game is nothing without that small and really tiny player that makes up the game.
Besides, they have not won a national championship in decades. That is how good they are in the national rankings.
Out with me too, I guess.

JEER JEER FOR OLD NOTRE DAME
WAKE UP THE ECHOES
Yeah, right. :roll:
RABBLE,

The series was mostly at Yankee Stadium or NYC since the beginning.

I wish we played ND every year. Navy has received plenty of strength and prestige from its annual contest. Canceling the series in 1947 was a devastating poor decision by us.
Blaik made a great decision. One reason I believe was that the "great" Notre Dame fans kept chanting of the Army teams those years that the Army players were nothing more than "Draft Dodgers" because of their studies at West Point were at the same period as WW2. I don't think I appreciated the feelings of the Irish faithful those years. Obviously Blaik and Army folks did not either.
Yet, those Irish blowhards learned a lesson years later on when many Army players were killed on the battlefields of Korea. Example- One of my early favorites, Johnny Trent .
Yeah, some "Draft Dodgers"!!
Notre Dame never got over us when we pasted them in 1944 and 45 by 59-0 and 48-0. They couldn't even beat us in 1946 when all of their players returned and being 27-29 years old.
Incidentally that 59-0 score STILL remains Notre Dame's all time biggest defeat. Also, they cried so hard but two weeks before the Army game, Notre Dame beat Dartmouth 64-0. So really who rolled up the score? You never hear about that one. Notre Dame keeps that one quiet.
Just one more example that the Domers spew out which is nothing more than self -perceived bullshi#
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic