FSU making plans to leave ACC

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
FSUBulldog0
Warrior

FSU making plans to leave ACC

Post by FSUBulldog0 »

It looks like Florida State is exploring every option to leave the ACC after getting left out of the playoff. We could see more conference realignment. Hopefully our move to the AAC didn't put us behind the 8-ball should the ACC implode. I think most fans would prefer to be in a conference with Wake, Duke, Ga Tech, Pitt, BC, Syracuse, etc than in the current AAC lineup. If FSU is successful, I’d expect to see Clemson, UNC, UVA, NC State, Miami, and possibly Va Tech leave as well to the Big 10 and SEC.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: FSU making plans to leave ACC

Post by RABBLE »

Conference hopping is just beginning. Everybody moving from one league to another. I am tired of all this miserable action. No excitement looking forward to next year because of all the confusion of who plays in one league and who does not.
We are too going from independent to a half -baked-conference trying to stay somewhat relevant in today's SEC, BID 10 world of super powerhouses.
We too will be caught in the world of skipping around. Not that we would but any of the teams now in the AAC would jump at the first chance available.
The AAC is a "left-out" league of nobodys. I am embarrassed that Army is now part of it. We used to be a school that played the game of football for the fun of it and the challenge of it.
We now play for the money and only the money.
I will say til I'm gone that we, as the most prestigeous school in America, that there is no way , no how, we could not schedule a competitive, interesting and enjoyable schedule for decades to come.
The reason for joining this conference , the lack of future scheduling, was pure BULLDUST. Money entering into all this makes Army all the more into this like every other team in the country. We are now caught in a web of professionalism and we, as a national military academy, will eventually pay the price.
To me, I would have stayed calm and let the other school idiots fight it out for supremacy.
Besides WE ALREADY HAD A SCHEDULE of interesting and competitive games, so why change it?
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic