If you all can divert from all the BABBLE for a moment....

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: If you all can divert from all the BABBLE for a moment....

Post by RABBLE »

Coach MC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:58 pm The reality is if we get some real standouts on our team, a lot of schools will be in their ear before year 3. If you knew the schools that are coming after Kanye Udoh you'd be shocked. The elite of P5. As far as I know, he's committed to coming back in 2023-24 which is the real big story. In our offense, that kid has a chance to be an All American.

Love Army football and really like this board. Wish we could keep it football related. Just sayin....
I guess we must get used to all the poaching going on with any Army player before his junior year or anytime to appears to have enough talent to be considered good enough to contribute to another civilian team.
The academies can not bring in anyone to play.
I feel any rule passed by the NCAA should be fair to all FBS members. After all our nations schools ARE members of that organization and should be treated as such. This is discrimination in really its purest form. To be able to jump teams every year is unfair without some sort of penalty. A year sit-out should be that penalty with the year counting in a 5-year rule to play anywhere starting the first day off his freshman year.
Maybe that would stop the poaching and make a player think twice before making a move.
Example-- QB Frank Harris of UTSA playing 7 years which, i my mind was, totally obnoxious.
1 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

thedoc85 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:22 pm
wpgrad wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:56 am Rabble is the greatest Army fan in history. As far as I'm concerned, say whatever you want Rabble, you've earned it!!
Why??

Because he says so??

I've been a season ticket holder at Michie for almost as many years as he has. I just don't blow my own horn the way he does. I also don't repeat and repeat my complaints because I know no one really enjoys reading that.
Seriously, jealousy over this post. Seriously?
1 x
BG
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

ARMORMAN wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:37 pm Uh, I checked with my wife, who's a soldier's bride...She wholly approves of my Gentleman Jack and thinks you're just a little peanut gallery pissant who don't matter and can't spell, SAVVY??

So, done with you too.
Maybe just quit drinking.
0 x
BG
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

MC, I would have only been in disbelief if someone had reported that no one is coming after Udoh. The kid is a beast and runs through tacklers or carries 'em on his back. His yards after contact stat must be off the charts. I'm sure P5 schools are hinting bucketloads of NIL $$ if he entered the portal. If he manages to decline those suggestions, then it's a huge credit to his obvious dedication to West Point and the Army. Likely his coaches and his family are crazy working to keep him focused on the long term. Still, it's a helluva temptation for a 19 year old kid; seeing others like him driving Lambos and banking hundreds of thousands...

That's also partly why I lament losing Hayden Reed. He's a great kid, and was the perfect complement to spell Udoh, if not an outright "insurance policy" against the portal...

Sucks.
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Still trying to determine depth at the Running Back position, now that Hayden Reed is gone. Some bad news and good news:

Bad: Markel Johnson, #27, whom you will remember scored on a great 25 yard burst vs the squids in OT 2 years ago and had multiple other good games is no longer listed on the roster. Dunno why. He would have been a senior. Thought he had decent potential...

Good: We have a sophomore RB name of Jake Rendina, who goes 5'11" and 265 lbs and is apparently a BEAST in the weight room right now. I figure we'll likely have over 100 or more 3d and 2 and/or 4th and 1 situations this coming year. Nice option, if he can keep the pads low...
0 x
USMAPAFAN
Warrior

Post by USMAPAFAN »

Just researched the Rendina kid. He is from Montana and apparently set a world record for his age group in his 3 lift total (1620 lbs). Crazy stuff. I know powerlifting doesn’t always translate to the football field but I personally love when Army has the Buchanan and Riley type FBs. I feel like the announcers feed into it and hype it up. Sort of like that position is Army’s bread and butter. Anyway I doubt Monken will have Rendina lining up in the gun, at least I hope not.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Roger all. 2 additional points:

Montana has become a small school football factory. Grizzlies came within an eyelash of winning the FCS championship last year. They play an old-school, tough, smash-mouth game up there...

I too like having a baby rhino in the backfield. He's likely a great short-yardage option, or an even better choice for Daily on a QB follow. The guy is basically a pulling guard, only stronger and with a faster, straight-ahead trajectory. Perfect answer to cut-block restrictions. You don't have to cut anyone if you're 265 lbs of twisted steel...

All hypothetical, of course, but it'll be interesting to see how he develops...

PS
Army Wrestling just beat the squids in an Annapolis star match. Sweet....
0 x
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

A shame.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic