ND at yankee stadium

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

ND at yankee stadium

Post by wpgrad »

Sorta surprised ND plays 2 games in one month in metro nyc but game is officially set
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Re: ND at yankee stadium

Post by neumanna1 »

In before the complaints to say I think its cool.
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

More than cool! Great PR for our program! Revises glory days. We'll be huge dogs, but sentimental favs. Guarantee JM has that date circled in red. Another chance for that illusive "signature" win. It's all about that under-center triple option now. If we can get that engine firin' on all cylinders then we can stay in that game; hopefully even wear em down.

PS
One request: Go for 2 with a tad deeper tight end post...(no offense Ron; love you)
3 x
hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

Was sort of hoping for it to be in South Bend, as we are in Chicago. Oh, well. Beat the Irish.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

Game should have an alternate feed broadcast in black and white with announcers doing the old-timey accent radio guys used to use 100 years ago.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

I love it!

CFB lost something when the annual game was discontinued.
0 x
21-17!
3seconddelay
Warrior

Post by 3seconddelay »

wpgrad wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:18 pm Sorta surprised ND plays 2 games in one month in metro nyc but game is officially set
Squids tried to stop it because of their game at Met life. They failed. ND will fill both stadiums in the same year no problem. Just Gladchuk being the supreme ass that he is.
1 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

AAC Schedule came out on Thursday, February 23rd last year, so assuming roughly the same timeframe this year, we should have the full schedule within the next week or two.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

If I had a genie, a yearly series with Notre Dame would be on my wish list.

Our administration has made plenty of mistakes over the years, but discontinuing this iconic series rates among the highest.

Think about how much prestige and national TV coverage Navy has received from their ND series.
0 x
21-17!
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

Great news - except for the choice of venue. I would have much preferred the Meadowlands. If there's anything worse than sitting in traffic on Rt. 218 for 3 hours prior to an AFA game, it would have to be sitting on the GW Bridge before having to navigate the South Bronx. I'd also love to see this as an annual game even if it means having to take a few beatdowns in the process. Heck, it only took Navy 44 tries to win vs ND after Staubach & Co. did it in the early 60s. With a 15 game losing streak going into this year, Army will have 29 chances to better Navy's record vs ND.

I suppose the major problem would be he number of openings available on ND's schedule. Aside from Navy, Southern Cal, and Stanford, I'm not aware of any other annual rivalries ND has.

One question - why does ND play an ACC schedule and how long are they locked in? It's a bit strange that they choose to play in such a mediocre football conference. ND is more of a Big 10 school than a majority of the current conference members.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic