ND at yankee stadium

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
neumanna1
Warrior

Re: ND at yankee stadium

Post by neumanna1 »

I believe the ACC thing with Notre Dame is part of the deal for being in the ACC in everything else (basketball in particular). They agree to play a certain number of ACC teams in football a year.
0 x
apgarme
Warrior

Post by apgarme »

Armyfaninpa - In my opinion, ND's ACC membership is about basketball. Lack of Big 10 membership is about not wanting to share TV revenue, wanting to play a semi-independent schedule, and possibly left over bad feelings from anti-Catholicism in some Midwest areas in 1930's. See "Shake Down The Thunder" by Murray Sperber reference anti-Catholocism.
1 x
giant16
Warrior

Post by giant16 »

3seconddelay wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:04 am
wpgrad wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:18 pm Sorta surprised ND plays 2 games in one month in metro nyc but game is officially set
Squids tried to stop it because of their game at Met life. They failed. ND will fill both stadiums in the same year no problem. Just Gladchuk being the supreme ass that he is.
Can you site how the Squids tried to stop this game? if true that's really bush.
0 x
giant16
Warrior

Post by giant16 »

Couple of interesting articles.
https://www.onefootdown.com/2024/2/14/2 ... d-schedule
comments from fans really show their disappointment with ND's "weak" schedule... "two MACs and two Service Academy teams, who would we lose to"?

May as well tell Jeff why even take the bus down to the Bronx... Army has no chance...
Hope he posts this on the bulletin board, to get a few more reps out of the weight room this winter - then goes to the game and KICKS THEIR A$$.

https://omva.nd.edu/news/notre-dame-foo ... t-to-navy/
second article details a little more history with what Navy did with them during the war years. Stated Army didn't return the request to use ND as a training ground, so they turned to Navy.

Beat down ND
BEAT NAVY
0 x
3seconddelay
Warrior

Post by 3seconddelay »

Armyfaninpa wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:20 pm One question - why does ND play an ACC schedule and how long are they locked in? It's a bit strange that they choose to play in such a mediocre football conference. ND is more of a Big 10 school than a majority of the current conference members.
Whatever the answer is it will most likely be moot in 2025. It is highly likely that 2024 will be the last year of NCAA FBS football in its current form. The Power 2 are going to split from the NCAA and will probably take ND with them in 2025. It’s happening much faster than any of us thought. A few P2 schools like Vandy may opt out leaving some openings. Charlie Baker is scrambling to salvage what he can. I don’t think Army will be playing ND again in my lifetime. The left outs will linger in the NCAA as long as they can before the money runs out. I’m going to soak in this season as much as I can. 2021 was really the last year of college football as we knew it, before the transfer portal and NIL. This year will hammer the final nails in the coffin. The bright side is with Army in a conference this final year there is actually a real chance of making it to the 12 team playoffs. Beat Everyone!
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic