Lacrosse

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Tarbucket
Warrior

Re: Lacrosse

Post by Tarbucket »

Army now ranked #1.
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Nice article by Seth on Black Knight Nation about the Lacrosse team.

http://blackknightnation.com/army-mens- ... irst-time/
1 x
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

Army’s win over Syracuse looks better and better as the season progresses. Syracuse handled #4 Duke last night pretty easily. They will move into the top 5 after that win I would think.
0 x
jgish92
Warrior

Post by jgish92 »

USMAPAFAN wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:31 am Amazing thing is that Army has risen to the top of the rankings with no transfers and no graduate students. Every other top program has lots of both.
Just lots of 5th year "hardship" guys.
0 x
Army41
Warrior

Post by Army41 »

I was playing football for Maryland in 69 , Army was and always will be my favorite team , I went to see Maryland play Army and hung out with the Army team and cheered like hell for Army who won by 8/10 goals one of the Army players gave me his triple A sweatshirt and I still wear it today
0 x
hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

jgish92 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:32 pm
USMAPAFAN wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:31 am Amazing thing is that Army has risen to the top of the rankings with no transfers and no graduate students. Every other top program has lots of both.
Is this true?

Not a huge fan of the fact that we have football players that we are "strategically" allowing to spend five seasons playing prior to a December graduation. It would seem much more difficult with a spring sport where the cadets would wind up spending 5 full years at WP vs 4.5. Plus there are only 13 of 75 or so Seniors on the roster, so it doesn't seem overwhelming.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

hiangle6 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:36 am
jgish92 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:32 pm
Is this true?

Not a huge fan of the fact that we have football players that we are "strategically" allowing to spend five seasons playing prior to a December graduation. It would seem much more difficult with a spring sport where the cadets would wind up spending 5 full years at WP vs 4.5. Plus there are only 13 of 75 or so Seniors on the roster, so it doesn't seem overwhelming.
Did a quick check yesterday and, yes, like 6 or 7 5th year seniors. With covid in 2020 they are taking that extra year

Wierd to me they do an entire year, ie, not december grad. I wonder how they do things like leadership positions and also are they getting a double major or something?
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic