DUTY< HONOR < COUNTRY

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

DUTY< HONOR < COUNTRY

Post by RABBLE »

Yes, the famous motto of West Point is no longer. West Point dropped their long- standing motto.

I just read that on the bottom strip of the NEWSMAX screen. No further spoken word about it.

Wokeism is now officially ingrained in the hallowed halls of our national treasure.

I do not know who thought up this unbelievable act whether it be the higher ups at school or our higher entity in Washington but whoever did start this, in my opinion, should be classified as a traitor to our beloved country and school.

This change irks me, pisses me off, depresses me and disappoints me to no end. This country is going to hell in a hand basket when you mess around with our beloved school and the very words contained in its logo.
decades8
As a graduate of St. Bonaventure, West Point has always been sort of my alma mater for over 8 decades and counting as I consider it to be my second home above everything else. I tried for the academy when I was a youngster but physical disabilities and I guess you could say my mental fortitude was not there either, I did not make it.
But I always called West Point as "my school" and always will.
Taking the most famous motto of any school and trashing it to the dustbin of history, just makes me sad and yet angry.
Wokeism is a dirty word and should be relagated to the dump heap of history along with the people who foster it. Our blessed country is on the line. Today has not been a good day for me since I read those words being taken away.
What have we become?? :?
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: DUTY< HONOR < COUNTRY

Post by RABBLE »

DUTY--- It is our duty to help and defend our blessed land in which we our physically, mentally and morally capable of performing. It is OUR duty.

HONOR--- It is our privilege to represent our homeland with all our being the best we can do. It is our honor.

Country--- We must love our home and cherish it always. It IS our country.

To take those hallowed words that Gen. Douglas MacArthur once uttered at West Point on his last visit to the academy and trash them as its motto from our national treasure, is an absolute disgrace to all of us.
0 x
Pokey92
Warrior

Post by Pokey92 »

Rabble,

1) How is this football related?
2) The mission statement has continued to change multiple times over the years. I don't believe that Duty, Honor, Country were added until the late 90's. Certainly wasn't part of the mission statement when I graduated in 1992.
3) Newsmax MAY be just posting this without the extended context to drive outrage. Do some additional research across the news spectrum.
4) Wokeism is such a contrived term. Throughout West Point's history there have been multiple seismic shifts that would be considered "woke" in the current context (integration of the Corps, admission of women). Don't hide behind buzz words and just state what actually bothers you.

In addition, read the communication from the Supe on this topic. Provides some great clarity and context on the decision process.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

If you do not think that DUTY, HONR Country is not related to football, you are correct.

NEWSMAX just reported that DUTY< HONOR<COUNTRY does not apply to the current attitude of the Corps anymore.
Now it's "ARMY VALUES" as the report stated. What would that mean? What values?

Please explain exactly what values are they?

I believe those values are contained in those three hallowed words. Certainly not those values that would contradict those words.

If they do, they suck with the highest suck available.

Wokeism is just a word. You are correct. It is what that word represents in our "Progressive" world we live in and can be represented in my one word as BULLSHIT !! It is the cancer invading our national heritage.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I don't want to argue with anyone anymore. I'm too old to argue with Biden values or Trump values. What will be this november will be. Personally, I support Trump and Monken.
What else is there in politics or football?
Then again, my vote for Trump won't count. I live in Jersey and this state is a Blue as my face after getting embarrassed by one 'attack" or another. Republicans don't win Jersey. It's a written law. :?
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Getting back to football!

Uh, what football?

I think the Army team is in the midst of spring practice and as usual, the media is as active as a church mouse. Nada, nothing, not a word spoken. It as quiet as the secrecy of the D Day invasion.
Crickets abound.
Ah well, only 6 months til kickoff.
I think I will watch some Formula 1. ;)
0 x
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

DUTY HONOR COUNTRY is still the West Point motto.

The tweak to the mission statement doesn't mean DUTY HONOR COUNTRY is going away.

Move along...let's get back to football.
0 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

This may be my last year and only to say GOOD BY 65 YEARS Rabble is correct on this one, the wokes are running the asylum.
2 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

A million men in olive drab and kaki green are indeed rising from their hollowed graves and echoing those hollowed words DUTY HONOR COUNTRY
1 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic