Spring Practice

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Spring Practice

Post by RABBLE »

I guess the forum board has gone to its "heavenly reward". No posts much at all.
Aren't we in the midst of spring practice or has it ended? I have no idea. There is nothing on the main board about anything but that we hired three positions concerning the football program. That is it. Nothing about the evaluation of any team player.
The most uninteresting spring practice information since the beginning of the personal computer back in the 1990's.
Then again, I am used to all this silence as for decades I knew nothing about the team at all until opening day except for 1 or 2 articles about the team leading up to game time in the newspapers.

It's all ads now, as usual. Boring as heck.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Spring Practice

Post by RABBLE »

I guess I am getting old. I used to be so exciting waiting for the season to start, I still am to a point but looking at this schedule, I am not exactly overflowing with glee.
Apart from the Air Force and Navy games plus throw in Lehigh (yes Lehigh) this schedule is so boring, I would rather watch grass grow on a fall afternoon.
Tulsa, Birmingham, North Texas (not even the big Texas) and other luminaries such as Rice, San Antonio and the ever- popular East (not North) Carolina. Not only that but for now on, this type of schedule will be permanent.
Notice I did not mention Notre Dame in this poverty packet of institutions.
Wow! w- dollar beer from a guy wearing a Notre Dame baseball cap!! the last time I attended a ND fiasco.
Plus, the fact the last time I went to a ND game in Yankee Stadium, I had fans yelling in my ear, "GO IRISH" and dammit it, it was an Army home game then, I believe. @#$%$#@!@#$%$#@! !!
NEVER, ever again !!!!!
0 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

Gee------you don't like the schedule?? Who knew??
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Hey doc. Your wisdom is unbelievable.

Not only do I not like the schedule, I personally don't like the AAC. It's a bush league of nobodys. Unless your are in a Power 5 conference, you 'aint "nothin !!
The aacademies are better than that.
Besides, when the Power 5 teams break from the NCAA and form their own Super League in a couple of years, the rest of us will be out of TV and news print.
So why build the new east stands? No one will come to see us from visiting teams like Tulsa, Birmingham and the rest of these bottom dwellers.
My opinion.
0 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

And you're entitled to whatever opinion you want. I only wish you could say it once or twice and move on. You've now discussed this "opinion" over 10 times. Enough, no?
1 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

I do not repeat that often and never thought I would say at my age or the schedule is unacceptable, but it is and everybody except those that made the decision pretty much agree. Just look Conn. is a national champion and only 150 miles east. BC and Syracuse both bowl worthy we play these schools with wanna be players, of and questionable GPA's I committed to another year, but know like my predecessors this is not going to inspire for too long, This is a Conf USA rerun, and history repeats itself, I am surprised Monken went along with it because it will not help his career. Sorry doc that's how I feel and will stick with it.
0 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

rbmarmy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:24 pm I do not repeat that often and never thought I would say at my age or the schedule is unacceptable, but it is and everybody except those that made the decision pretty much agree. Just look Conn. is a national champion and only 150 miles east. BC and Syracuse both bowl worthy we play these schools with wanna be players, of and questionable GPA's I committed to another year, but know like my predecessors this is not going to inspire for too long, This is a Conf USA rerun, and history repeats itself, I am surprised Monken went along with it because it will not help his career. Sorry doc that's how I feel and will stick with it.
And what you're missing is.................I don't disagree with you-----or Rabble----and never did. I was simply objecting to the compulsion to fill these pages with the very same stuff over and over. Everyone on these forums knows how he feels. How could we not?
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

"the compulsion to fill these pages with the very same stuff over and over"....

- good definition of Babbling
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Hey Armorman, I'm trying to keep this forum alive Because nobody who is supposed to give us any information on the happenings of spring practice are either dead or on sabbatacal or don't give a toot.
To me the season of football never ends so probably I will continue with my interesting and informative posts on such topics as Notre Dame, our AAC membership, our schedule and mu journalistic ability to post such things.
What the heck, everybody seems to be out to lunch these days writing about nothing.
Personally, I don't know a damn thing about the progress of the team even after 15 practices.
Either does anyone else who posts around here.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Cease and desist. . I see you are still referring to my outstanding and thoughtful posts as BABBLE.
I'll have you know that I have in the past the recipient of numerous awards and testimonials on my literary accomplishments over the years that are too numerous to mention on this forum.
With the reception of 1 dollar, I would forward to you a copy of my past work which I assure you would surprise such folks as you and others.

BABBLE ?

Indeed !!! :roll: :roll:
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic