Question...

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Question...

Post by ARMORMAN »

I'm watching Army lax play BU at Michie on May 3d and the East stands are still up. Wasn't demo supposed to be well on the way by now??
0 x
gabn92
Warrior

Re: Question...

Post by gabn92 »

I'm guessing postponed since Army won the Patriot League and is hosting the tourney?
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

It's up for the Patriot League Tourney I guess. Will it be up still for graduation? Dunno.
With al these dates about when work will begin, I hope the demolition will be complete before opening game against Lehigh.
Wouldn't it be nice for all of us fans if they would put a webcam in the press box fixed on the work area so we could all follow the progress?
You tube has webcams all stationed around selected US cities so you can watch and see those cities LIVE with weather conditions of many so folks can watch what is going on at anytime during the day or night. It is brought to by its sponsor, PHOENIX.COM.
Nice idea anyway.
0 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

RABBLE wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:29 pm It's up for the Patriot League Tourney I guess. Will it be up still for graduation? Dunno.
With al these dates about when work will begin, I hope the demolition will be complete before opening game against Lehigh.
Wouldn't it be nice for all of us fans if they would put a webcam in the press box fixed on the work area so we could all follow the progress?
You tube has webcams all stationed around selected US cities so you can watch and see those cities LIVE with weather conditions of many so folks can watch what is going on at anytime during the day or night. It is brought to by its sponsor, PHOENIX.COM.
Nice idea anyway.
I was wondering about a construction cam. Wonder if the nature of West Point as a military installation makes that something they can’t do. Not that there’s nuclear secrets in the Michie stands, but I could see that being a no-go.
0 x
armymule
Warrior

Post by armymule »

I seem to remember a few years ago when West Point was installing new turf there was a camera up near the press box trained on the field. The whole construction process was on line.
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Well, if a webcam can not be allowed, how about a few `pictures on occasion showing the progress of the construction. We fans are all interested in this I'm sure.
0 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

West Point brass is probably too busy protesting Israel to worry about some silly construction project. Pride month is coming up soon also, priorities….
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

demo just started.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

I would love seeing the demo BUT I guess not. After spending my Saturday afternoons in the fall sitting on those stands and the temporary stands before that and when there were no stands on the east side at all, I'm going to miss it, but the new construction will enhance the new Michie experience for the future.
Some changes bring nostalgia but, in this case, what the academy is doing here is greatly appreciated by us all.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic