The teams we have played

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
oldgrad74
Warrior

The teams we have played

Post by oldgrad74 »

The teams we have played (FBS) have a combined record of 12-30. The best being ECU at 3-4. Worst UAB at 1-6. All the rest come in at 2-5.

While I love this team we need to be tested. We need to put a serious whooping on AF and then see where we stand after ND.
2 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Re: The teams we have played

Post by Armyfaninpa »

Yikes! I knew the competition wasn't very good but had no idea it was this bad. The upcoming game vs AFA has too many similarities to last years game to make me feel a blowout win is inevitable - an undefeated team (vs. weak competition) playing on their home field against an arch-rival that is enduring a train wreck of a season. What could possibly go wrong?

Coach JM will have a motivational challenge on his hands. AFA is a wounded animal at this point with nothing to lose except an opportunity to salvage their season with 60 minutes of good football. I expect them to come out with their hair on fire with a few extra pages added to their playbook. I'd be more than happy to see a game with a few long scoring drives dominating TOP and keeping the defense off the field.

Who would've thunk 52 weeks ago that AFA would win exactly two games since the last matchup (including one vs FCS) while Army would go on hold the nations longest winning streak?
1 x
GO 150s 87
Warrior

Re: The teams we have played

Post by GO 150s 87 »

Strength of schedule so far this season is the main reason Army isn't ranked higher. But, it is impressive that Army is only one of two teams that has never trailed this season. On top of that, Army has never trailed at any time over their FBS best 11 game winning streak dating back to last year's beat down of the zoomies.

GO ARMY! BEAT air force!
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic