This new piece from a KU FB writer supports those that say

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
OptionThis
Warrior

This new piece from a KU FB writer supports those that say

Post by OptionThis »

the Kansas decision is secretive and no conclusions should yet be made....

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-t ... -too-long/
0 x

wpgrad
Warrior

Re: This new piece from a KU FB writer supports those that say

Post by wpgrad »

If Monken returns, he is gonna have quite the job regaining the trust of his players, let alone regaining the corps in general who I think will now look at him as one big fraud
0 x

monkensminion
Warrior

Post by monkensminion »

100%
0 x

ithurtstowatch
Warrior

Post by ithurtstowatch »

While I can certainly understand the disappointment and frustration that Monken might be leaving, I don't get how people can be so instantly anti-Monken. As if the guy hasn't put his 100% into Army Football and has turned this program around. He has an opportunity. He is exploring it. Whether he takes it or not, I will be a Monken fan. I hope he stays. If he does, I don't think he will have any issues with the team. They are mature young leaders who understand that coaching is a fickle business. Monken has never coached with one foot out the door and he won't start now.
1 x

Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

wpgrad wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:54 pm
If Monken returns, he is gonna have quite the job regaining the trust of his players, let alone regaining the corps in general who I think will now look at him as one big fraud
And to think that we're a mere 7 months away from Rivalry Week in late November when all but two teams finish their regular season play and a whole new round of dismissals and resignations occur. We can look forward to going through this circus atmosphere again while JM tells anyone who'll listen that his focus is strictly on the Navy game. Should be interesting.
0 x

wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

ithurtstowatch wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:12 pm
While I can certainly understand the disappointment and frustration that Monken might be leaving, I don't get how people can be so instantly anti-Monken. As if the guy hasn't put his 100% into Army Football and has turned this program around. He has an opportunity. He is exploring it. Whether he takes it or not, I will be a Monken fan. I hope he stays. If he does, I don't think he will have any issues with the team. They are mature young leaders who understand that coaching is a fickle business. Monken has never coached with one foot out the door and he won't start now.
100% agree if this was December. But doing this in May is catastrophic to the 2021 season. There is a right way to move on to the next career event, and a wrong way. This is 100% the wrong way
1 x

wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Armyfaninpa wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:28 pm
wpgrad wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:54 pm
And to think that we're a mere 7 months away from Rivalry Week in late November when all but two teams finish their regular season play and a whole new round of dismissals and resignations occur. We can look forward to going through this circus atmosphere again while JM tells anyone who'll listen that his focus is strictly on the Navy game. Should be interesting.
The only saving solution would be a long term, high buyout, contract extension that is made public. otherwise, if he stays, he is going look foolish when he does the ole "fist pump come on" and the cadets all just look at him. I don't know how he can regain a locker room other than signing something pretty long-term at west point (which I don't think he wants to do).
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic