Army, Notre Dame to play in 2024 - per Sal

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.

RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Army, Notre Dame to play in 2024 - per Sal

Post by RABBLE »

Big Deal !!!!

You tell that team to play us at Michie Stadium or tell them to go take a dip into Lake Michigan. The nerve of that school to refuse to play us at OUR place is nothing short of pure disgrace and whatever else you want to call it.

That series has been long dead since we last beat them at South Bend in 1958. They have beaten us the last 14 times and with no competition at all except in 1995 when we almost beat them.
If you think I would put 350 bucks out on seeing that game, 40 bucks to park under a roof with no tailgate and an overpriced , lousy hamburger to boot and city traffic, I would say I have rocks in my head. I wouldn't go to that game even if they paid me. it 'aint worth it and that is some one like me who has seen over 225 Army home and away games over these years of mine.
Fool me once the last time we played them at Stinky Stadium but not twice. Once was enough.
0 x

Mastergate
Warrior

Post by Mastergate »

Could not agree more play them their but they won't play us at Michie I will not go to that game BC tried that did not want to come to Michie look how that turned out
0 x

GO 150s 87
Warrior

Post by GO 150s 87 »

I was in attendance at the 2016 game in San Antonio, which was the last time they played each other. The only saving grace of the whole weekend was that the game was played in San Antonio at the Alamo Dome. We love San Antonio and stayed on the River Walk. The game itself was no contest and was treated as a Notre Dame home game. It was such a terrible game that we left in the 3rd quarter (earliest I ever walked out on Army) and returned to the River Walk to forget the game. Until such time that Notre Dame sees fit to play at Michie Stadium, I will not attend this "storied rivalry" again.
0 x

Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

RABBLE wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:19 pm
Big Deal !!!!

You tell that team to play us at Michie Stadium or tell them to go take a dip into Lake Michigan. The nerve of that school to refuse to play us at OUR place is nothing short of pure disgrace and whatever else you want to call it.

That series has been long dead since we last beat them at South Bend in 1958. They have beaten us the last 14 times and with no competition at all except in 1995 when we almost beat them.
If you think I would put 350 bucks out on seeing that game, 40 bucks to park under a roof with no tailgate and an overpriced , lousy hamburger to boot and city traffic, I would say I have rocks in my head. I wouldn't go to that game even if they paid me. it 'aint worth it and that is some one like me who has seen over 225 Army home and away games over these years of mine.
Fool me once the last time we played them at Stinky Stadium but not twice. Once was enough.
That sure sounds like a lot of trouble to attend what is most likely to be a one-sided game in a one-sided rivalry. The last time they played was against the worst Notre Dame squad this side of Gerry Faust - and from the opening kickoff Army looked to be overmatched. I turned off the TV at halftime when the score was 38-6. Brian Kelly must have taken a page from Ara Parsegian's book and told his guys to do everything but fall down on the ball in order to keep the score down (see the 1966 game - ND led 35-0 at halftime and didn't score again - to the amazement of Tom Cahill).

The good news is that Army broke a 14 game losing streak a couple of weeks after that game. How about "Nobody beats Army 15 times in a row" as a rallying cry for 2024?
0 x

wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

GO 150s 87 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:00 am
I was in attendance at the 2016 game in San Antonio, which was the last time they played each other. The only saving grace of the whole weekend was that the game was played in San Antonio at the Alamo Dome. We love San Antonio and stayed on the River Walk. The game itself was no contest and was treated as a Notre Dame home game. It was such a terrible game that we left in the 3rd quarter (earliest I ever walked out on Army) and returned to the River Walk to forget the game. Until such time that Notre Dame sees fit to play at Michie Stadium, I will not attend this "storied rivalry" again.
I was the same way. I was actually directly in the end zone so when they returned the kick off, the ND player basically ran into my lap. THis remains the only Army game I walked out of...at halftime...back to the bar. Left that game thinking we had NO CHANCE to beat Navy.
1 x

palidog
Warrior

Post by palidog »

I am certain that the WP brass is also interested in playing the game at Yankee Stadium or Met Life because they make more money too. Ticket prices will double, the stadium hold more people (10,000 at YS; 40,000 at Met Life) and the boxes will be overflowing with money spending alumni from both schools. Dont put all this on Notre Dame (who I despise); the WP people are seeing green here too.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic