Army Football Schedule Prediction

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

Army Football Schedule Prediction

Post by wpgrad »

Sept. 4 at Georgia State Loss
Sept. 11 WESTERN KENTUCKY Win
Sept. 18 UCONN Win
Sept. 25 MIAMI (OH) Win
Oct. 2 at Ball State Loss
Oct. 16 at Wisconsin Loss
Oct. 23 WAKE FOREST Win
Nov. 6 vs. Air Force* Win
Nov. 13 BUCKNELL Win
Nov. 20 UMASS Win
Nov. 27 at Liberty Loss
Dec. 11 vs. Navy% (East Rutherford, N.J.) Win

I see 8-4, with the CiC staying here. If I had to pick my backup of either 9 wins or 7 wins, I'd have to say 7-5 with a loss to Wake.
0 x

Army Frog Fan
Warrior

Re: Army Football Schedule Prediction

Post by Army Frog Fan »

11-1. Finally get over the hump and upset Wiscy and suffer the hangover and lose to WF at home.
1 x

gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

I agree generally with the 8-4 prediction. I see Ga State, Ball State, WF and AF as all being basically toss-up games. Tough but winnable if Army doesn't beat themselves. Wisc and Liberty I see as more "stretch" games, likely losses. Navy is in its own category, but I think a probable win given where the 2 programs are right now. The others are likely wins. That puts Army somewhere from 10-2 to 7-5, with 8-4 I think a realistic outcome given a fairly challenging schedule.

If Army were to somehow run the table with this schedule...it is strong enough I think that an undefeated Army with quality wins against 2 P5 teams and 4 strong/decent Group of 5 teams (Liberty, Ball State, AF, Ga State) as well as our main rival, Army would be at/near cracking the Top 10, certainly Top 15.
0 x

hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

gabn92 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:53 pm
I agree generally with the 8-4 prediction. I see Ga State, Ball State, WF and AF as all being basically toss-up games. Tough but winnable if Army doesn't beat themselves. Wisc and Liberty I see as more "stretch" games, likely losses. Navy is in its own category, but I think a probable win given where the 2 programs are right now. The others are likely wins. That puts Army somewhere from 10-2 to 7-5, with 8-4 I think a realistic outcome given a fairly challenging schedule.

If Army were to somehow run the table with this schedule...it is strong enough I think that an undefeated Army with quality wins against 2 P5 teams and 4 strong/decent Group of 5 teams (Liberty, Ball State, AF, Ga State) as well as our main rival, Army would be at/near cracking the Top 10, certainly Top 15.
A which point there would be no question that Coach Monken would be moving on. But possibly worth the unfettered joy that an undefeated season/NY6 Bowl Game would bring.
0 x

gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

Hiangle6…it’s just a matter of time until Monken leaves. If the right position opens up, he could get plucked at 6-6 or better this year I think. Certainly, double digit win season would make it nearly impossible for somebody not to take a chance and hire him. Let’s just hope he’s got a good transition plan to leave Army in a good place when he leaves.
0 x

hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

I have no doubt that Coach will move on/up. If he was willing to openly flirt with the dumpster fire that is KU football, then it won't take much more to get him. Particularly if its to a P5 program with high academic standards. Duke, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, and Vandy, if one of those comes open, come to mind.
0 x

PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

Here's my prediction:

1-0 vs GA State.

Only thing that matters at this point. I'll get to the others as they come.

PD
0 x

ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Hoorah.
0 x

hammerdown
Warrior

Post by hammerdown »

As talented an Army team with good depth at some position, more then any team in a long time.
Deciding 10 plus win season is leadership, team chemistry and do they still buy into JM.
0 x

Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

i hope we come out strong against ga state i was at the 2019 game in person and that game, besides being just awful weather, perfectly encapsulated an awful 2019 season

-passive, unaggressive defensive performance
-failing to get kell walker involved
-giving more carries to mccoy instead of slomka, who was ripping off multiple 30 yard rushes
-terribly timed, drive killing passing plays
-turnovers
-drive killing penalties

would love to see us come out and set the tone for the season with a convincing win with a stout defense and a dynamic, true triple options offense
1 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic