Today will tell us a lot...

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
PrideandDream
Warrior

Today will tell us a lot...

Post by PrideandDream »

As many of you have discussed the game today will really tell us where our team is.

Will Tyler actually start to shine and run the offense? My prediction is maybe. And if he plays like he did in Ball State then I suppose we will see Laws or Ballard. But today will settle the QB situation I believe either good or bad. Personally, I hope to see Tyler rise to the challenge but if not I will join the rest of you who have long contended he's not effective enough.

Can our Defense really play to the level of Big 10 football and slow down Wisconsin? I think so. We have to stop the run and force them to pass and get pressure when they do pass.

Special teams can't make any mistakes. We can't have blocked punts or poor returns or kickoff returns for TDs. Maybe we make some magic happen in this phase like a fake punt or onside kick or trick return. Who knows???

None of this is groundbreaking stuff I know.

When it's over tonight we will know what kind of team we really have. We shall see.

PD
0 x
LoneStarPhan
Warrior

Re: Today will tell us a lot...

Post by LoneStarPhan »

Game day is here and I am looking forward to watching the game on BTN tonight.

Just checked the GoArmyWestPoint.com web site for the game notes. The Army Game Notes link appears to not be active yet. Good news, the Army Game Notes under the Ball State game, which were not available two weeks ago during the game, are now available.

Maybe by game time, links will be active for today's game.
1 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

LoneStarPhan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:46 pm Game day is here and I am looking forward to watching the game on BTN tonight.

Just checked the GoArmyWestPoint.com web site for the game notes. The Army Game Notes link appears to not be active yet. Good news, the Army Game Notes under the Ball State game, which were not available two weeks ago during the game, are now available.

If our marketing/pr folks tried to do a worse job, like ACTIVELY tried to just be bad, they'd have a hard time being worse than what we have anyways.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

LoneStarPhan wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:46 pm Game day is here and I am looking forward to watching the game on BTN tonight.

I applied for a sports information job at West Point two years ago. I sadly didn't get it. If I did receive the job, I would guarantee that situation you mentioned would never occur.
0 x
21-17!
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

What the game told me:

1) We have a very good defense
2) TT’s limitations make it very easy for opposing D’s to game plan against. Any mediocre to good defense will give Army problems with TT behind center.
3) Davis and Monken are extremely stubborn or blind. Their inability to make adjustments in-game or to see the problems of putting the offense on TT’s back are a major concern.
4) Army could very easily be 4-4 after AF…we won’t beat WF or AF if Anderson isn’t back or the coaches don’t make some changes to figure out how to be more flexible and adaptive on offense.
5) I think Davis and Monken are too stubborn to change…so my hope in this season has waned. Army will very likely be 6-5 heading into Navy, and that game could go either way.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

gabn--
Sadly, I agree with you on the point that we will lose to both WF and AF as I see it now, beat Bucknell and UMASS, lose to Liberty down there and with Navy, who knows in that one.
This is based on our play so far as I see it.

If our coach leaves at season's end, his resume for this season, doesn't seem so rosy as it was before this year began.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic