QB Play?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ARMORMAN
Warrior

And target losttribe.

Post by ARMORMAN »

"Coach Davis needs to elevate his game to get the team over the hump."

[/quote from losttribe]

Bottom, bottom, bottom line.
1 x
JimBearNJ
Warrior

Re: QB Play?

Post by JimBearNJ »

I thought they did as well as could be expected. Wisconsin is so huge, athletic and physical up front at the point of attack that its not like a normal opponent, Thay have been like that for years. I thought initially TT was forcing the QB dive but truth is Wisconsin was stopping our Tackles to get to second level and LBs were running free to shoot gaps which usually doesn't fly against Army. TT is still learning and he wouldn't be the first option QB where it all came together in his senior season. Monken's recruiting is so good that at least now Army has options going two and three deep.

Let's take Wake Forest

PS I use to write for Scout.com for a number of years back. First post in years. Still see some of old names. Glad so many of loyal follwers of Army football enjoying this run.
3 x
losttribe
Warrior

Post by losttribe »

Welcome back, JB...like the perspective you bring.
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Just heard a pre-WF interview with Davis.
His take on lack of offense for 3 qtrs vs Wisconsin: "They're tough. We finally just executed better late in the game. There were no adjustments at the half."

Nothing further. Nothing about play-calling being a factor. He just put it all on Wisconsin being that good against the run.

So I guess we should not expect anything different this weekend....

Ps
Heard an interview with Jabari Laws also. Like everyone else on the Army Team, just a super-nice, humble, and genuine kid. Love that about all our guys.
0 x
Dude69
Warrior

Post by Dude69 »

Army West Point official sports website has announced a sellout crowd for Wake.

Please don’t run #2 into the pile of giants over and over again.

And give the D a break every once in a while.
0 x
guppie58
Warrior

Post by guppie58 »

ARMORMAN wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:35 pm Just heard a pre-WF interview with Davis.
His take on lack of offense for 3 qtrs vs Wisconsin: "They're tough. We finally just executed better late in the game. There were no adjustments at the half."
How is this possibly okay? Is he trying to justify his shitty play calling in the first half? Because as long as I've been following football...MAKING ADJUSTMENTS IS PART OF THE COACH'S JOB! If he legitimately isn't making adjustments after two quarters of running into a wall, that's a serious red flag.
0 x
It doesn't take better players. It takes a better TEAM.
Usma80
Warrior

Post by Usma80 »

It’s much more than a serious red flag: he’s clueless, stubborn and needs to go. Davis just admitted that he actually does by design what many of us have been calling him out for over the last 4 years or so. Apparently he’s not embarrassed to say it, either. Maybe the AD needs to pull a Gladchuck and fire the OC. I don’t really believe he should do that, but Monken can’t be holding Davis accountable.
0 x
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

ARMORMAN wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:35 pm Just heard a pre-WF interview with Davis.

Nothing further. Nothing about play-calling being a factor. He just put it all on Wisconsin being that good against the run.

So I guess we should not expect anything different this weekend....

Ps
Heard an interview with Jabari Laws also. Like everyone else on the Army Team, just a super-nice, humble, and genuine kid. Love that about all our guys.
Terrible
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

It seemed to me that we did make adjustments, at least in the 4th quarter. Laws had more playing time and our play calling got more aggressive: we threw more passes got the ball to the perimeter, and ran a few counters. Not sure why Davis would deny it. JM even mentioned it in his interview for Wake.

One thing I miss about Bateman: he would always say that we solve our problems with aggression. I wish our offfense would adopt a similar mindset.
1 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

JimBearNJ wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 pm I thought they did as well as could be expected. Wisconsin is so huge, athletic and physical up front at the point of attack that its not like a normal opponent, Thay have been like that for years. I thought initially TT was forcing the QB dive but truth is Wisconsin was stopping our Tackles to get to second level and LBs were running free to shoot gaps which usually doesn't fly against Army. TT is still learning and he wouldn't be the first option QB where it all came together in his senior season. Monken's recruiting is so good that at least now Army has options going two and three deep.

Let's take Wake Forest

PS I use to write for Scout.com for a number of years back. First post in years. Still see some of old names. Glad so many of loyal follwers of Army football enjoying this run.
Nice to hear from you JimBear, last I heard you were rounded up with all suspected Ellerson supporters and taken to the gulag. I am glad you found your way out.
3 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic