Friday Night

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Friday Night

Post by RABBLE »

Spring ball is strictly for evaluation purposes. Nothing more and nothing less. There is not much to fret about in the off season which runs from Army-Navy to the first game in September. Fall camp is for preparation for the season when it is all on the table for keeps.
It would be nice for us fans to get more info on what is happening but we really don't know because our staff does not want us to know. I'm OK with that. I will just enjoy the next 4 months without a football concern.
But in September, Lord willing, I will fret a lot once again. ;)
In the meantime, GO LOUNGE CHAIR !! :D
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Spring ball is strictly for evaluation purposes. Nothing more and nothing less. There is not much to fret about in the off season which runs from Army-Navy to the first game in September. Fall camp is for preparation for the season when it is all on the table for keeps.
It would be nice for us fans to get more info on what is happening but we really don't know because our staff does not want us to know. I'm OK with that. I will just enjoy the next 4 months without a football concern.
But in September, Lord willing, I will fret a lot once again. ;)
In the meantime, GO LOUNGE CHAIR !! :D
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Geez, I double posted. I'm out of sync on my posting. I'm thinking too much about my LOUNGE CHAIR !! :roll:
0 x
gabn92
Warrior

Post by gabn92 »

Good article about the Friday night game from the AFF guys. They pointed out that QB's were in red jerseys, which obviously limits effectiveness of QB runs, and likely the type of plays that are going to be called to begin with.

A 31-30 score with a new offense at this point of installation I think is a positive sign for us. Another hopeful development is the play of Coleman at QB. Looks like he had a very good spring game, which bodes well for QB depth and competition this summer and heading into the season. Someone else had posted an interview with Drinkall and the comment about the O-line all being above 300 lbs is another development that provides hope for the season, IMO.

The waiting continues...

Beat Navy!
0 x
Go Frogs
Warrior

Post by Go Frogs »

...Also noted was Coach Monken said that only about 50% of the offense is installed. He called this the "Base", something they will build off of.

Another players said the offense has several plays he never saw before. Can't wait to see this offense when it is totally installed and all the players are comfortable knowing them.

Beat NAVY!
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

The AFF piece offered a good perspective. I am looking forward to seeing what the new O looks like when the QB can run. It sounds like Coleman had a good camp at QB which gives us at least two viable options for replacing our veteran trio. Miles Stewart also he’d a good camp at RB, so that group should be strong to start the season.
0 x
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

is it fair to say guys like tyson riley and buchanon don't have roles in this new offense?
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Coach Thatcher has been asked that question pretty directly and has said that they are talented backs and should have a role. While that’s pretty vague, I hope they do get a chance and continue to shine. I think Buchanan is still recovering and did not play in the spring game.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Here’s an interview with Buchanan a couple of days before the spring game. He seems pretty excited about the new O. A couple of key points:
o He plans on playing at 240-250 vs. 280 last year
o He thinks his “good feet” from playing HS Lacrosse will help him adjust to the new O
o Coach Thatcher compares him to Jerome Bettis

https://youtu.be/ymFwV-deGQE
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic