1 old issue if Armys O is successful

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
hammerdown
Warrior

1 old issue if Armys O is successful

Post by hammerdown »

If Army is successful and has a good or even great year, say 7 plus wins,
CIC, Bowl game or whatever that looks like. Suddenly, JM the old school
triple option coach, now shows he can and will adjust according to
the situation. I think that makes him a big time candidate for a job at
a power 5 school. Mike Buddie mentions on the AFF podcast that
they are working on a new deal for JM. Army unfortunately can only
do so much financially and could not match what a power 5 school could
pay him. Plus, the unknown if JM's desire is to coach a power 5
program and all that goes with that.
0 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Re: 1 old issue if Armys O is successful

Post by rbmarmy »

you are guilty of premature irrational exhurberance, Lets look at the schedule, Boston College? Syracuse, Troy St and LSU plus the normal riviliraies, first objective bowl game and paydaythen go frm there.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Oh to be so unlucky that we lose our head coach because he implements a new offense and has such great success he gets hired away
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

Look if Monken wants to coach P5 then best of luck to him! I hope he can be successful enough at Army to do so. It will mean that this new offense is successful and it will also demonstrate that finding a great coach and staff is the most important thing we can do to win.

However, I think the big question is this, what if the offense fails and does so badly? What is the recourse? Of course we could always fire Monken. But he's earned a few years without question. So could he go back to the under center triple? I mean of course he can but man that could be a hell of a roller coaster.

One thing is certain. you are not getting a P5 job by going 5-7 at Army with a new offense.

PD
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic