New Offense

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

New Offense

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

Based on everything I have read on here and that Athletic article the other day I think this will be really similar to what we will see next year. I know other posters have said the offense is based on what Coastal has been running the last few years.

https://youtu.be/qLLiy2ynjoE
0 x
giant16
Warrior

Re: New Offense

Post by giant16 »

Thanks for posting, have enjoyed it so far.

At the 2 minute mark... hopefully telling comment between the two broadcasters.
BC #1 asks "How hard is it for the defense to prepare for this type of offense with only a couple days to prepare?" BC #2 replies "Impossible". With the preparation that the BCs do each week, hope he is spot on.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

I heard/read some of the comparisons to CC’s offense as well, but I’m not sure it is the right model for what we are doing. A couple of differences based on what I have read:
o Coastal runs a majority of 2 back sets and I think we are using 1
o Supposedly, we are using option principles, but Coastal only ran a couple half-assed double options in the video

One thing I really liked about what I saw on the tape is the ability to maintain long, clock-burning drives. We’ve missed that the last couple of years and I hope the new offense can bring it back.

While it seemed like Coastal was throwing the ball a lot, they were not. They ran a total of 69 plays, 54 runs and 15 passes. That’s a 79% run and 21% pass ratio. I wouldn’t be surprised if Army has something similar next year. Coastal also had a TOP of 37:51, which is great.
0 x
PrideandDream
Warrior

Post by PrideandDream »

Still the biggest issue is O line play. We will have to pass block more often.

Secondly, when CC does run option they aren't cutting they are blocking on the perimeter. So no difference except they executed. Don't see how that part of the game changes.

Lastly, they run a fair number of 3 and 4 receiver sets. I hope that won't be the case for us. That will be disastrous.

PD
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic