Bowl Eligibility

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Bowl Eligibility

Post by wpgrad »

If we can't get to six wins with our schedule, we don't deserve to go to a bowl anyways.
2 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

wpgrad wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:08 pm If we can't get to six wins with our schedule, we don't deserve to go to a bowl anyways.
Two weeks ago, you were saying it was a hard schedule.
1 x
21-17!
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

Justafan11 wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 am Ok - now I'm convinced it's a good thing Army is joining a conference. To finish this year 6-6, winners of the CIC trophy and on a 4 game winning streak (all of this is still possible) and not go to a bowl game is disgusting. Great job scheduling once again by completing this year's schedule with Holy Cross and Delaware State. Just idiotic. I could only imagine how much the additional weeks of practice would help with this new offense not to mention another game. And please don't give me this line of you don't understand how difficult it is to schedule every year. Last year the same thing happened with the potential of a bowl bid. AAC - I'm so looking forward to joining you guys although the powers that be might complete our schedule with all FCS teams. Fire the schedule maker - way to bring me down after such a great win.
Don't choke away games to crappy teams like ULM and UMass and we would be 5-4 and primed for a bowl game opportunity.
0 x
21-17!
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

Oliphant wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:04 am
wpgrad wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:08 pm If we can't get to six wins with our schedule, we don't deserve to go to a bowl anyways.
Follow along with me. I know it can be tricky. LSU good. Syracuse good. BC good. We shouldn’t play 3 P5’s let alone in the same month. However, We beat monroe and umass, who are very bad, we make a bowl. We didnt. Therefore, we dont deserve to play

Did you follow all that? I can type it slower if needed
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

wpgrad wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:11 am
Oliphant wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:04 am
Follow along with me. I know it can be tricky. LSU good. Syracuse good. BC good. We shouldn’t play 3 P5’s let alone in the same month. However, We beat monroe and umass, who are very bad, we make a bowl. We didnt. Therefore, we dont deserve to play

Did you follow all that? I can type it slower if needed
No. I got it. You just change your tune whatever the wind blows.
1 x
21-17!
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

Bowl projections from CFN include AF in the LA bowl vs. Oregon State on 12/16 and Navy in the Armed Forces Bowl vs. New Mexico State on 12/23.

https://collegefootballnews.com/bowl-pr ... ns-week-11
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Very true but if we had scheduled Hawai'i away as a 13th game, we would still have the chance to go bowling.
The expense of taking the team to the islands probably would have been overcome by a bowl appearance in financial terms.
Aren't we talking the bottom line here?
Ooops, that begins next year. In our two OOC games next year, let's schedule Notre Dame and whoever wins this year's national championship. :roll: :roll:
Lot's of dough there and probably a couple of losses but who cares? we will be awash with lots of Benjamins.

Goodie!! Now we can start on those east stands and mind you, make Michie look like the Taj Mahal of the West. No extra seats mind you but wow, it will look super- great.
Good for the egos on those who bought up the project in the first place. :cry:
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

Post by kfan12 »

I for one hope we continue to have at least one P5 on the schedule year in and year out. If we want to reach excellence, we have to measure against a higher standard eventually.
2 x
BG
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

I think ideally the 2 additional games (beyond 8 AAC and Navy/Air Force) would be 1 FCS team, probably in the home opener) and 1 P5 game. Doesn't necessarily need to be LSU or Michigan, but BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest, etc. You start getting good enough where you don't need that FCS game to consistently make a bowl, you can talk about upgrading that one at that point.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

kfan12 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:53 pm I for one hope we continue to have at least one P5 on the schedule year in and year out. If we want to reach excellence, we have to measure against a higher standard eventually.
Don't recall where, but did see an article in which the AD said exactly that--intention with joining the AAC is that for the 4 non-conference games we are going to have a home game each year against an FCS, Navy and AF, and then the last game would ideally be a rotation of P5 especially northern P5's like BC, Syracuse, Rutgers, Notre Dame at yankee stadium, etc...
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic