LeHigh Game

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: LeHigh Game

Post by WrekDivr »

If you read any of the season previews, they were pretty consistent: 1. lots of returning talent on Offense, including a solid O line and a large number of playmakers and 2. Lots of new faces on D, particularly in the secondary.

We saw just that against Lehigh. Good news is that the secondary got 2 turnovers. The D will need to improve if we want to beat FAU, but I believe Woody has proven that he can lead that improvement.
2 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

gabn92 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:47 am Some of you need to change the glasses you’re wearing. The offense ran for 375 yards and put up more than 400 total yards. They didn’t punt and they didn’t have a turnover. The second team offense looked good at the end of the game. They had 1 false start penalty. If you’re complaining about the O, you really may need a new prescription. I was at the game too…the one thing I’d say is that watching it live sometimes those runs looked very mediocre (thinking we got maybe 1-2 yards) live, but then realizing it was a 5-6 yard gain when they placed the ball…probably mostly due to my perspective in the corner of the stadium. Maybe that was your problem Rabble…watch a replay of the game…I think it will make you feel better.

As for the D…it’s way too early to panic guys. They clearly played a “bend but don’t break” game plan on D. And guess what…they executed that flawlessly. Sure I would have loved to see all 3 and outs. But come on, they gave up 1 score, picked off 2 passes, forced several punts. Had no stupid penalties. Never got beat deep. I didn’t see much (any?) real aggressive blitzes called so I think Woody kept it very vanilla because he knew that’s all that was needed. Let’s see how they look next week before worrying the sky is falling.

Savor the win guys…the game really couldn’t have gone much better!
The offense was good but we need the addition of Robinson for additional speed if he can make it back to the team.
The defense needs work especially the secondary. Any AAC passer will diagnose our soft coverage and will most assure they will exploit it. We are young especially in the backfield . I hope they can mature in a hurry. The AAC is waiting.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

12 Noon start. Boca Raton, Florida. Whoever scheduled that time (FAU of course and the TV moguls) is a bit nuts for both teams. Florida heat the first Saturday in September is brutal. I just wish it was a night game for a bit of a break but you got to play them when those who make up the start time are the ones paying the bills.
Keep hydrated and no cramps. Tough but doable.
0 x
kfan12
Warrior

LeHigh Game

Post by kfan12 »

Stats of the game: 7/9 on 3rd down. 2/2 on fourth down. That's almost as efficient as you can get.

Still I didn't think they were getting much push from the center of the O-line.

Guess we'll see Saturday if they can get movement against FAU, who went toe-to-toe with Michigan State in a 16-10 loss. State must have been a bit pass-happy as they had a 4.8 YPC, but still threw the ball 24 times, hitting only ten and throwing two INTs.
0 x
BG
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

RABBLE wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:03 pm 12 Noon start. Boca Raton, Florida. Whoever scheduled that time (FAU of course and the TV moguls) is a bit nuts for both teams. Florida heat the first Saturday in September is brutal. I just wish it was a night game for a bit of a break but you got to play them when those who make up the start time are the ones paying the bills.
Keep hydrated and no cramps. Tough but doable.
I was thinking the same thing. Do you go down to Florida much Rab?
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic