Another great part of being in conference

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
WrekDivr
Warrior

Re: Another great part of being in conference

Post by WrekDivr »

Speculation, though there are many reports that the new PAC-something is pursuing Memphis and Tulane.
0 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

Well it appears time and NCAA football are leave me behind. I have trouble with these teams being in PAC while Rutgers and Maryland are in Big 10, and all the other shifting around. If Army wants a league lets get back to the Big East, where teams were close by like things use to be and this league is not the answer.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

wpgrad wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:59 pm Well those bye weeks were unintentional, accidental and anomalies. This bye week is the direct result of joining the AAC. Ergo, joining the AAC was stupid
I agree, wpgrad. We will get tired of playing the same old teams from now on. I miss the diversity of our old schedules. We were once a team that played games all over the country. Now we will be restricted to pretty much a set schedule. That formula does not mean we are America's Team anymore.
However, WP does not care if we do not attract fans to Michie as long as the dollars of this second- tier conference continues to add money to the program. The AAC will be out of business in a few years in my opinion.
0 x
rbmarmy
Warrior

Post by rbmarmy »

Not divulging my choice but we will all be out of business in 4 years if things do not go right on election day. ....just re-read right should be replaced with " correctly"LOL
1 x
ArmorDude
Warrior

Post by ArmorDude »

RABBLE wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:30 pm
wpgrad wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:59 pm Well those bye weeks were unintentional, accidental and anomalies. This bye week is the direct result of joining the AAC. Ergo, joining the AAC was stupid
I agree, wpgrad. We will get tired of playing the same old teams from now on. I miss the diversity of our old schedules. We were once a team that played games all over the country. Now we will be restricted to pretty much a set schedule. That formula does not mean we are America's Team anymore.
However, WP does not care if we do not attract fans to Michie as long as the dollars of this second- tier conference continues to add money to the program. The AAC will be out of business in a few years in my opinion.
Don't those dollars help out our program? I mean, we're not getting the money and using it to wipe our fourth point of contact, are we?

I assume that the money is used to upgrade facilities, pay coaches, etc. So is that a bad thing?
2 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

RABBLE wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:30 pm
We haven't been America's Team since the 1940s-1950s.
0 x
21-17!
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Well... at least I like to believe that we were AMERICA'S TEAM. In my mind, I still think we're AMERICA'S TEAM until we joined the AAC. We have now restricted to playing pretty much in the SW and SE. No more Midwest Rocky Mtn. (except AF which is not in the AAC anyway) and the West Coast.
Scheduling will be a piece of cake for our AD. 8 AAC games with Navy thrown in along with AF.
All he has to do is schedule a Patriot League team or an Ivy League team on the Friday night before Labor Day and ONE OTHER GAME.
ONE GAME he has to think about and schedule a biggie . Just throw somebody in an open slot game and there you have it.
Hell, I could do that before breakfast.
Our AD can then throw away his telephone or email and play some darts i his office to whittle away his new found time OR let his Assistant AD do the little work that has to be done, like where or when to we play our biggie game.(always AWAY of course i.e. Notre Dame this year as an AWAY game and a mere 50 miles away from Michie.)
Same salary of course for him with a hell of lot less work to do. Nice gig.
Yet, we still build an east stand memorial, seating no more seats than before, will look good for who?
"Throngs" of fans from Tulsa, UTSA and North Texas? Nope that didn't work in the C-USA days. Now they expect it to work 20 years later?
Oh the new place will look great as long as you can afford a season ticket to the new posh loge seats in the warmth of being inside eating the latest of delicious food prepared in areas fit for a king The rest of us will sit on aluminum seats in the cold in a 100-year old section of stands from upper level cracks that make you a bit wet if you sit on the stands below.
The good times are behind the common folk anymore UNLESS you make that BIG DONATION to the A Club which will give you all the warmth, food and the best seats money can buy.
The Army-Navy game is coming to Michie as soon as they get the damn east stands built. Throw in the AAC schedule and what do you got? You got a full loge section, empty stands outside but who cares? We got a hell of a TV contract.
What a way to rin things up there. They get the money and the rest of us get wet, cold or snowed upon.
I may be rough but damn it, it's going to happen.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic