Bowl Season Starts Army-Navy Weekend

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
rbmarmy
Warrior

Re: Bowl Season Starts Army-Navy Weekend

Post by rbmarmy »

Rabble sometimes you go off the radar screen and are repetitive as well, However this time you are right on point. Yankee Stadium is awful for a football game ...enough said, sight lines horrible....league opponents non descript wanna be schools. It is all about the money and just like the economy, both bubbles are on the edge of implosion.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Bowl Season Starts Army-Navy Weekend

Post by RABBLE »

rbmarmy wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:25 am Rabble sometimes you go off the radar screen and are repetitive as well, However, this time you are right on point. Yankee Stadium is awful for a football game ...enough said, sight lines horrible....league opponents non descript wanna be schools. It is all about the money and just like the economy, both bubbles are on the edge of implosion.
Thank You rbmarmy
I know I'm off the radar screen because I was around long before radar ;) and I repeat myself far too much, but I get so frustrated that I feel we ARE on a road to implosion. Money, economy, et all, are on a collision course with present day reality.
College football which controls all college sports is going amok and is crumbling under its own weight. This cannot sustain itself under present conditions. The NIU and transfer portal I feel is the death knell of pure amateurism. College sports were founded on the principle of those who wanted to play for the love of the game while attending a school for an education that would prepare them for their chosen profession.
Today, it is little more than saying how much can I make before I can choose what I want to pursue in life?
Everything is now backwards. It is killing the spirit that made this game so special.
The spirit, the joy, the experience of this game is fading and being replaced by the business, the money, the inequity of it all saddens me, especially an old guy like me who saw those days long ago when the game was not this game we play today.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic