2024 Over/Under Win Totals

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: 2024 Over/Under Win Totals

Post by RABBLE »

I cannot believe that any player on any team will enjoy a drubbing like we received at the hands of LSU last season by a score of 62-0. It was a humliiating defeat by any measure anybody could possibly imagine.
Oh sure, there is always a slight chance that a team could rise up to the occasion and make it a game but the odds of that actually happening are rare indeed and almost impossible.
Personally , I do not care at all about the 100th anniversary of the Four Horseman or any other Notre Dame lore. So what.
In 20i13, Notre Dame could have played us at Michie in honor of the first game in the long rivalry with Army and never made the offer at all. " We don't play in small stadiums" was their battle cry back then.
Army gave the Irish that day in 1913 to play us on the Plain and they did and thus propelling their little school from the midwest to eventual college football stardom.
That school never remained humble as their president years ago said, "College football needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs college football" What BOMBASATY and a totally ridiculous statement. If it were not for college football, Notre Dame would still be little more than a glorified South Bend prep school.
We even played Yale a few years ago at the Yale Bowl in honor of that famous stadium on its 100th year anniversary while our dressing room was little more than a tent.
I don't want to hear a damn word about our accepting a game with that ND team as part of their shifty "Shamrock Series" BS. To my way of thinking, do not EVER schedule a game ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME with Notre Dame UNTIL they play a game with us at OUR PLACE. The heck with them. Money or no money.
I think we ought to have a modem of PRINCIPLE here. Like it or not.
Another fact. Notre Dame played at Wake Forest a few years back. Wake Forest stadium is smaller than Michie but they played there, didn't they? Yet Michie is too small and insignificant to play there.
Yes, I will continue to talk about this on this forum until the day comes when the Irish play a game at our place. Maybe when the new east stands are finished but I doubt it. They are too busy thinking about their next national championship team, something that has not happened for the past 36 years.
I WILL cntinue to talk about it. Maybe, to the point of real ad nauseum
0 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

RABBLE wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:35 pm I cannot believe that any player on any team will enjoy a drubbing like we received at the hands of LSU last season by a score of 62-0. It was a humliiating defeat by any measure anybody could possibly imagine.
Oh sure, there is always a slight chance that a team could rise up to the occasion and make it a game but the odds of that actually happening are rare indeed and almost impossible.
Personally , I do not care at all about the 100th anniversary of the Four Horseman or any other Notre Dame lore. So what.
In 20i13, Notre Dame could have played us at Michie in honor of the first game in the long rivalry with Army and never made the offer at all. " We don't play in small stadiums" was their battle cry back then.
Army gave the Irish that day in 1913 to play us on the Plain and they did and thus propelling their little school from the midwest to eventual college football stardom.
That school never remained humble as their president years ago said, "College football needs Notre Dame more than Notre Dame needs college football" What BOMBASATY and a totally ridiculous statement. If it were not for college football, Notre Dame would still be little more than a glorified South Bend prep school.
We even played Yale a few years ago at the Yale Bowl in honor of that famous stadium on its 100th year anniversary while our dressing room was little more than a tent.
I don't want to hear a damn word about our accepting a game with that ND team as part of their shifty "Shamrock Series" BS. To my way of thinking, do not EVER schedule a game ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME with Notre Dame UNTIL they play a game with us at OUR PLACE. The heck with them. Money or no money.
I think we ought to have a modem of PRINCIPLE here. Like it or not.
Another fact. Notre Dame played at Wake Forest a few years back. Wake Forest stadium is smaller than Michie but they played there, didn't they? Yet Michie is too small and insignificant to play there.
Yes, I will continue to talk about this on this forum until the day comes when the Irish play a game at our place. Maybe when the new east stands are finished but I doubt it. They are too busy thinking about their next national championship team, something that has not happened for the past 36 years.
I WILL cntinue to talk about it. Maybe, to the point of real ad nauseum

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
1 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

"Maybe, to the point of real ad nauseum"....

Uh newsflash BABBLE, you hit real ad nauseum several years and about 4 dozen whiny ND posts ago. Just give it a rest man.
1 x
neumanna1
Warrior

Post by neumanna1 »

Or make a thread that's "Complaints about the Notre Dame game" and put them in there, instead of hijacking every single thread about it.

I'll say 7 wins by the way, just because I have no idea what to expect first year in the AAC. Wins over Navy, Lehigh, and 5-3 in the AAC. Gets them to a bowl and the season is a success.
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Pardon me for posting. My name is RABBLE and not BABBLE.
OK, so we play Notre Dame this year. I hope it is the last time we ever schedule them.
You don't play us at home. We won't play you at your home.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic