UTSA Game Thread

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
stash76
Warrior

Re: UTSA Game Thread

Post by stash76 »

My opinion of this offense really changed tonight. The excitement level got a real boost.
0 x
LoneStarPhan
Warrior

Post by LoneStarPhan »

Solid win over a team that is projected to have winning season and bowl game.
1 x
USMA76
Warrior

Post by USMA76 »

Offense showed up tonight alleviating a lot of our fears. Defense has to tighten up on the big plays but they got a huge sack with the game in the balance.
0 x
Usma80
Warrior

Post by Usma80 »

Solid team win. Except for a few big plays given up, they came up big when they needed to. I saw a completely different offense from ULM, and Delaware State was not suitable to use as a benchmark. But UTSA is a good defense, we led from the first possession to the last, answered every time they scored, and closed it out down the stretch with the game on the line. The offense tonight executed well, put up a lot of yards, pretty much had their defense off-balance the entire game, and the coaching was bold and decisive whenever they made a run at us. We’ll get even better if we can stay injury free.
1 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

The offense looked good tonight. 37 points is no joke. Room to improve, but looking pretty good. Daily is starting to look like we need him to.

The defense has me concerned. They came through with some key stops, but allowed TD plays of 46 yards, 44 yards, and 72 yards. 162 yards and 3 TDS in 3 plays. That is also 45% of UTSA’s total offense. We have to get that fixed.
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

A couple of days ago I predictid a "GUARANTEED" a win by Army on the forum.

Geez, I guaranteed a win! Believe that was the first time I ever guaranteed anything on a football game. ;) ;) ;) ;) .
I guess if you go to the well enough times, you are bound some day to get a drink of water. Well, I'll be damned. It actually happened.
Great effort by our offense and Bryson Dailey especially. He led the team brilliantly. We won by 8 and we were an 8.5 underdog which was a swing of 16 points.
It's great to win any game but on the road, down south and a predicted loss by 8, we won it!! Congrats to the whole team.
Apart from two bombs and one drive, our defense played well especially the last few minutes. When they scored in the 4th, I said, "Here we go again" like the ULM game but we hung in there and finished. :D
Thatcher called a great game AND we we were 6 for 6 on 4th down. Not too many teams can do that in any game. Most would not even try it.
2 x
webdude
Warrior

Post by webdude »

Sweet win! Let's get another W next game (Syracuse).
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

USMA76 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:07 pm I'm not worried. Rabble guaranteed a win.
Never fear when RABBLE GUARANTEES. :lol: The trouble is I don't guarantee at all but this time, although I will pick a winner, I don't usually guarantee anything but what the hell, this time I felt I was on a shaky tree limb anyway so I decided to guarantee the win.
When we won, the limb broke, down I went. Bruised and battered. I arose, and waved the West Point flag in triumphant victory.
It feels great to "strut my stuff" once in awhile even though the stuff I got, in the autumn of my life, has blown away like the winter wind.
1 x
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

Others have said it but good win. UTSA allegedly had a good defense the offense was still clicking. No turnovers. No sacks. No penalties. Winning offensive football.

The defense had some work to do though. Way too many big plays. 15 minutes TOP is enough for Syracuse to beat us.
0 x
Dong Fong '09
Warrior

Post by Dong Fong '09 »

Also can’t forget about our kicker. Made clutch kicks that stretched things to two possessions.
2 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic