AWFUL

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Oliphant
Warrior

Re: AWFUL

Post by Oliphant »

RABBLE wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:55 pm My collection includes-
-1,200 programs or more.
-Every news article on every game played since they began in 1890 taken from at least 12 Sunday newspapers from New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and all the AWAY games from that city's hometown news source placed in 150 3-inch black binders suitable for library shelving and all chronology prepared.
-All Media Guides since the 1950's. Army Sportsletters published weekly thru the academic year, pre- internet up to 1999 when Army went fully into digital and discontinued the paper editions.
-Staple boxes with carry handles containing Army hats, pins and various souvenirs of all sorts from games collected back 75 years.
-Autographs of Glenn, Doc and Pete and a host of others including Homer Smith coach of long ago and other notable Army players.
-Old pamphlets connected to the program and the academy going far, far back.
-Reel to reel VHS tapes of Army radio and VHS going back to 1953. Non-digital of course.
-WP coins of WP, one of which was given to me by a former Supe.
- A perfectly preserved 1930 Howitzer Yearbook containing a picture of Chris Cagle who never did graduate because he was secretly married and found out shortly before commencement.
- Ticket applications saved showing how the prices increased over the years.
- A multitude of ticket stubs chronology placed under preservative plastic sheets in binders from evey game I ever saw at Michie and all over the country. I would say about close to 200. Other non- Army game stubs like the 1954 ND-Penn game played at Franklen Field in Philly and Ohio State games in Columbus over the years.
- A host of many players pictures over many decades.
-And as they say in ads, "A whole lot more". ;) ;) ;)
To quote Indiana Jones,

"It belongs in a museum."

Army football cannot afford to lose your collection.
0 x
21-17!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic