Fall Camp Reports?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
wpgrad
Warrior

Re: Fall Camp Reports?

Post by wpgrad »

prideandream wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 10:58 am
ARMORMAN wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 1:15 pm I actually think there's reason for optimism on BOTH sides of the line this year. Offense is obvious, with talent and depth at all critical positions; but defense is also loaded with talent and ferocity on the line, at backers, and in the secondary. Also, we have the best set of coordinators in Worley and Woody that we've had since I can remember. I've never been so excited about our prospects in 2 of the 3 teams we put on the field. The question for me is special teams and specifically, the kicking game:

Do we have a reliable place kicker, do we have a kickoff guy who can get it into the end zone and do we have a reliable punter? Those positions can make or break a game, especially the close ones...

I guess only time will tell....
Placekicker? Placekickers and Punters only exist due to inefficiencies in your offense. Let's hope we never have to use either and go for two after every TD!!!

Of course, I don't like throwing passes either!

Here's to hoping we don't have any "Close Ones"!!

Gonna be a fun year I think!!

PD
I could be totally wrong but this feels like a year where we do crazy well (10-2) or a year where we struggle mightily playing a conference schedule (3-9). hopefully the prior
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Put your money on "crazy well" and give 5 to 1. The stars are lined up. It's a lock.

(Of course, I said Trump was a lock in 2020....)
0 x
Armyfaninpa
Warrior

Post by Armyfaninpa »

How about depth at the QB position? Has anyone claimed the #2 spot? As often (and as hard) as Daily runs the ball you never know when the backup will need to be ready.
1 x
3seconddelay
Warrior

Post by 3seconddelay »

Armyfaninpa wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:26 pm How about depth at the QB position? Has anyone claimed the #2 spot? As often (and as hard) as Daily runs the ball you never know when the backup will need to be ready.
That’s the big question for me too? I don’t see, and haven’t heard a clear number 2. Looking at the roster Bolden is the only one with Daily’s size. Looks like he has a decent arm. Coleman is the only one with game reps. They were not impressive.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Placekickers and punters are ALWAYS essential. Just ask Navy.
0 x
ColdWarYushok87
Warrior

Post by ColdWarYushok87 »

I see some reason for optimism too, especially from the offense, but I’m admittedly a little worried about the D, especially early in the season, because we lost so many starters.

Here’s hoping that the O comes out firing on all cylinders and dominates TOP.
0 x
ARMORMAN
Warrior

Post by ARMORMAN »

Now confirmed:

Connor Finucane, 2023 Co-Captain, is returning for the 2024 season and just joined the team at camp. He's a beast of an O lineman, at over 315 lbs and an aggressive attitude. Will unquestionably help the offense.
3 x
thedoc85
Warrior

Post by thedoc85 »

ARMORMAN wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:47 pm Now confirmed:

Connor Finucane, 2023 Co-Captain, is returning for the 2024 season and just joined the team at camp. He's a beast of an O lineman, at over 315 lbs and an aggressive attitude. Will unquestionably help the offense.
Wonderful news-----but I'm reading that his weight is down considerably from that 315 he once played at.
0 x
jgish92
Warrior

Post by jgish92 »

Thank heavens he made it back in time for THIS season. I don't know if they could've justified a sixth year.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic