Army Beating Navy and Air Force in Recruitment War

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
ArmyBN82
New Recruit

Re: Army TE and WR's

Post by ArmyBN82 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:16 pm

Army Football 2019: TE and WR

"It doesn’t take much more than being a casual college football fan to know that Army isn’t a team that is going to wing the ball around for 400 yards through the air every game. There have been some seasons where it has taken months for the 400 yard passing mark FOR THE SEASON to be passed. That, though, doesn’t mean that the Army wide receivers and tight ends are there for nothing more than show."

https://army.academywars.com/1268/army- ... te-and-wr/
0 x

ArmyBN82
New Recruit

Air Force Season Predictions

Post by ArmyBN82 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:37 pm

A upcoming Air Force season prediction by Against all Enemies - which in my opinion is normally biased for Air Force. Surprised that they keep saying that Army has inflated confidence and taht Air Force will "wear Army down" - I think it is Army that has the reputation of wearing other down. - Thoughts?

"Troy Calhoun said this is Air Force's toughest season ever. With two losing seasons behind them, can the Falcons win back the CiC and become bowl eligible?

I will go ahead and cut to the chase here. Air Force needs a winning season and to take back the Commander in Chief’s trophy. Air Force has a new athletic director in Nathan Pine, whose past successes in other programs are hallmarked by his ability to fundraise and anything less than a successful season will almost certainly provide a huge roadblock in those efforts. We’ve had two consecutive losing seasons with multiple close games despite great talent and experienced coaches. If you want to hear a chronological game by game breakdown of our season, you can check out the podcast we did on Air Force’s schedule, but I put each game into categories based on how I think Air Force will need to handle them to reach their goals"...

"Army
This is the game where Air Force leaves it all out on the field. If Air Force wins all of my must-win and lock games up to the this point and drops the other games, they will sit at 5-3 and need to win out on the downslope of the season. Army is very hot right now. I won’t debate that at all, but the secret to their success is that there is no secret. They control the clock, eliminate turnovers, and play the odds of conversion on fourth down. If winning football games were that simple, every coach in the country would abandon pro style offenses and unique schemes to run the triple option. Knowing this, Air Force needs to expose their objectives. Mo Fifita is Air Force’s biggest player and will be hard to push on fourth and inches. Air Force’s defensive backs are assassins and have tremendous depth from the reports coming out of camp. They need to force turnovers. On offense, Air Force doesn’t tend to allow drives to unfold as slowly as Army. They will move the ball slowly, but tend to take shots at the end zone. Patience will be key to keep momentum and prevent Army from getting the ball. This game is relatively late in the season, but if Army plays like they did last year, they will have inflated confidence that can easily be broken by wearing them down. Air Force only lost this game 14-17 last year, and I have confidence that they can pull out the win this year. After all, they have to."

Did however enjoy the comment "The responses may vary if this question were asked, but I speak for myself in saying I would rather go 2-10 and win the CiC vice 10-2 and not beat Army or Navy. It just means that much."

https://www.againstallenemies.com/2019/ ... -breakdown
0 x

ArmyBN82
New Recruit

Navy Season Schedule Predictions

Post by ArmyBN82 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:29 pm

Against all Enemies Navy football 2019 schedule predictions. Think Navy has too many unknowns and new offense style and defense to turn it around this year - though I fully expect games against Air Force and Army to be close ones - yet again. Though IMHO Navy will likely drop both.

Agree with their assessment on Perry - "Perry has fought injuries in his career. This isn’t abnormal for a Navy quarterback, but unlike other years, there are some serious questions regarding those backing up Perry. If Malcolm Perry gets hurt, the Midshipmen’s season may be in serious trouble."...
Especially as Navy is opening their offense to a new spread type of football.

"He is such a good coach, he broke ties with many friends he was close to and brought in an almost entirely new defensive coaching staff. However, just like many of the starters on the defense, this staff is unproven."...

"And finally, the Army-Navy game is undoubtedly a coin flip."

https://www.againstallenemies.com/2019/ ... colm-perry
0 x

ArmyBN82
New Recruit

Air Force Junior Class Expects to make an impact

Post by ArmyBN82 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:07 am

Air Force Junior Class Expects to make an impact

"This year’s juniors include 10 players who have combined for 64 starts in their first two years. The 2015 juniors had 10 players make 60 starts as freshmen and sophomores."...

"Last year 10 sophomores not only saw action, but made multiple starts. It was wave of youth seen just twice in coach Troy Calhoun’s dozen years — once when he gave the keys to his first recruits, a class that included Tim Jefferson, Asher Clark and Anthony Wright, and then when the group that included Weston Steelhammer, Jalen Robinette and Jacobi Owens arrived."...

"The last time Air Force had this much returning in a junior class came in 2015, when it advanced to the Mountain West championship game. Even that class, which had early starts from quarterback Nate Romine, defensive end Ryan Watson, fullback Shayne Davern and guard Colin Sandor, in addition to Owens, Robinette and Steelhammer, didn’t pick up quite as much experience as this year’s juniors in their early years".

https://gazette.com/sports/deep-junior- ... 05ad6.html
0 x

ArmyBN82
New Recruit

Air Force Continues to Lose Key Players

Post by ArmyBN82 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:40 am

After losing their key player and slot back Saucier and their key Full Back Fagan to disciplinary issues and a back up quarterback Air Force announces 2 key wide receivers are now out as well. Wonder what is going on there?

https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-fo ... ssion=true
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic