Michie Stadium Renovation

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
stash76
New Recruit

Michie Stadium Renovation

Post by stash76 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:18 pm

This article about the 2020 OU- Army Game provides a little insight into the status of the Michie Stadium project:
https://newsok.com/article/5630839/loca ... y-game-set
0 x

Bozzyboy44
New Recruit

Re: Michie Stadium Renovation

Post by Bozzyboy44 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

I’m an Oklahoma fan wanting to ask a few questions about ticket availability at Army games.
Do you guys think there will be tickets for sale outside of the stadium? Cost estimates?

I know that we are 16 months away but this game is going to be a big ‘must see’ for Sooner fans and I worry about getting tickets for me and my wife.

Where do visitors usually stay? New York?

I am really excited about this trip. The weather in your area is usually really nice in late September. We have relatives in Southern New Hampshire so we will probably make it a 7 day vacation. I root for Army vs Navy every year and have great respect for everything that you guys do for our country. Plus, you have a very good team and coach. Nothing but respect from Sooner fans. Good luck and we’ll see you in 2020.
0 x

ArmyFan1122
New Recruit

Post by ArmyFan1122 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Pretty good news with the renovations coming soon:
http://insideoutsidearmy.com/2019/05/10 ... e-stadium/
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Sat May 11, 2019 12:00 am

The Michie Stadium renovation is still in the funding process. I think they are waiting to see if the fans will pay the 119 bucks for an A/N ticket. ;)
0 x

Mack270
New Recruit

Post by Mack270 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:13 pm

Bozzyboy44 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm
I’m an Oklahoma fan wanting to ask a few questions about ticket availability at Army games.
Do you guys think there will be tickets for sale outside of the stadium? Cost estimates?

I know that we are 16 months away but this game is going to be a big ‘must see’ for Sooner fans and I worry about getting tickets for me and my wife.

I am really excited about this trip. The weather in your area is usually really nice in late September. We have relatives in Southern New Hampshire so we will probably make it a 7 day vacation. I root for Army vs Navy every year and have great respect for everything that you guys do for our country. Plus, you have a very good team and coach. Nothing but respect from Sooner fans. Good luck and we’ll see you in 2020.
Anybody who goes to home games got a reply?
Last edited by Mack270 on Thu May 30, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

hammerdown
New Recruit

Post by hammerdown » Thu May 30, 2019 4:33 pm

If you really want to get the whole West Point experience and see everything.
My suggestion is to stay at the Thayer Hotel located on West Point. A great historic hotel
that will not disappoint. I would suggest you make reservation asap, its the only
hotel on campus. There is not a great selection of hotels directly outside the campus. If you
decide to stay in NYC, you will have about a hour plus drive time.
1 x

Mack270
New Recruit

Post by Mack270 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:23 pm

They do have that riverboat cruise up the Hudson on game days as well; although I have no idea how many tickets they have nor their typical availability. I'd imagine they'd get eaten up quick.

Also the train across the river up to Garrison and then taking the ferry across. Again, no idea how effective that is.
0 x

USMA76
New Recruit

Post by USMA76 » Thu May 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Bozzyboy44 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 pm

I'm an Oklahoma season ticket holder who doesn't plan to go to the game mainly because my 45th reunion is the following year and I'm not sure I'm up to going in consecutive years. I'll be content to watch it on TV.

As far as hotels (and if you don't want to stay in the Thayer) you might want to check Highland Falls, Fort Montgomery, Newburgh, Vail's Gate, Peekskill, Woodbury or Poughkeepsie. Bear Mountain may also be available. Personally, I'd stay in a "name brand" hotel because the quality of the out of the way places is spotty.

Poughkeepsie is the furthest away at about 45 minutes. Given that football season is "peak" time, I'm sure room rates will be higher than usual. As was stated previously, the earlier you can make the reservation, the better. I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Fort Montgomery for a football weekend about five years ago. It was a little pricey but was convenient and, overall, worked pretty well for me. The only time I've ever stayed in the Thayer, I was very disappointed--overpriced and not nearly as nice as I'd hoped. That said, I believe they've done some renovations so it may well be better now.

After you're able to do some research, I'll gladly field any questions while readily admitting my information may be dated.
0 x

JKillerK
New Recruit

Re: Michie Stadium RenovaA few major hotelstion

Post by JKillerK » Thu May 30, 2019 7:09 pm

There are numerous options south of West Point. Most are within a 30 to 45 min drive from the Post. They are also convenient for travel into NYC.

Rockland County, NY There are a few major hotels. Bergen County, NJ {Towns of Mahwah, Montvale and Park Ridge} numerous major hotels. Westchester County, NY (White Plains, Tarrytown) numerous major hotels.
0 x

USMA76
New Recruit

Re: Michie Stadium RenovaA few major hotelstion

Post by USMA76 » Thu May 30, 2019 7:35 pm

JKillerK wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 7:09 pm
There are numerous options south of West Point. Most are within a 30 to 45 min drive from the Post. They are also convenient for travel into NYC.

Rockland County, NY There are a few major hotels. Bergen County, NJ {Towns of Mahwah, Montvale and Park Ridge} numerous major hotels. Westchester County, NY (White Plains, Tarrytown) numerous major hotels.
+1. I'd overlooked the southern options. Don't know about anyone else's classes but our reunion hotels are usually in Park Ridge so that's a good option as well.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic