Incident at WP Today

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
armyftball
New Recruit

Incident at WP Today

Post by armyftball » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:14 pm

Live Press Conf upcoming.
Can be seen at this link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOmrLRCev50
0 x

3seconddelay
New Recruit

Re: Incident at WP Today

Post by 3seconddelay » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:03 pm

So very sad. Vehicle overturned at Camp Natural Bridge. Buckner 1 started in May, about 100 yearlings. Over 1,000 Firsties and Cows are also out there along the ranges and reservation for CLDT. 2 soldiers injured may be from 3rd ID, there on training duty. 20 cadets injured and one cadet killed.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Extremely sad. My first thought is I hope the truck was not overloaded. WP is very hilly and that alone could make any vehicle unbalanced. We will know more on Friday.
0 x

rbmarmy
New Recruit

Post by rbmarmy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:14 pm

As you probably know I am not a grad, just a passionate supporter, especially on the football field. You can not believe the amount of people locally who have come up to me and expressed their feeling to me about yesterday. Maybe it was D-Day, maybe the media coverage, who knows, but in reflection this noble cause the "profession of arms" continues to carry with it these sudden pitfalls, and perhaps it is a reminder that the dangers never totally go away. Gen Williams did a stellar job yesterday, representing West Point and showed what a great choice he was to be Supe.
1 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic