Army Defeats Utah at Michie Stadium in West Point, New York (1957)

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
armyftball
New Recruit

Army Defeats Utah at Michie Stadium in West Point, New York (1957)

Post by armyftball » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:25 pm

This popped up on Youtube a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yfTKnRayq4
0 x

JKillerK
New Recruit

Re: Army Defeats Utah at Michie Stadium in West Point, New York (1957)

Post by JKillerK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:16 am

A wild game. Utes led by Lee Grosscup, who was the leading passer in the nation. We were 30 point favorites and hung on to win by six. Bob Anderson had a stellar day and proved instrumental in our win.
0 x

westcoastarmyfan
New Recruit

Post by westcoastarmyfan » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Last year I posted that to a Ute friend of mine. He forwarded it to the Utah board, and they all got a laugh out of it when they saw the Utah razzle dazzle passes.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:23 pm

I was at that game in Michie. Grosscup almost beat us. Thank God for Bobby Anderson. One of the all time greats for Army as a RB as he pulled the game out for us. My four greatest RB's for Army were Davis, Anderson, Cagle and Dawkins.
Dawkins even stated one time that Anderson was a better ball player than himself. The reason that Dawkins won the big awards was the fact that he (Dawkins) was all everything in the Corps his senior season as he even admitted (First Captain, Captain of the team, amongest the highest academic members of the Class of 1959 and something else he excelled at at school which I can't recall. Nobody has ever captured all four of those feats in school history. Maybe the fourth was that he became a Rhodes scholar and a pretty good Rugby player for Oxford the following year in 1960.
1 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic