Any news from the scrimmage?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
gabn92
New Recruit
Posts: 336
Joined: December 2016
x 31
x 66
Contact:

Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by gabn92 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Army sports finally posted a short update on the scrimmage. Anyone heard anything else?

Wondering if there is any news on Hopkins?

He wasn’t mentioned in the Army Sports story, so wondering if he was even able to play Sat?
0 x

User avatar
ArmyBN82
New Recruit
Posts: 304
Joined: January 2019
x 215
x 38
Contact:

Re: Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by ArmyBN82 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:54 pm

gabn92 wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:07 pm
Army sports finally posted a short update on the scrimmage. Anyone heard anything else?

Wondering if there is any news on Hopkins?

He wasn’t mentioned in the Army Sports story, so wondering if he was even able to play Sat?
I saw somewhere that Hopkins had a Charlie Horse earlier during the practice and is recoverying. Hopkins I understand did not play during the scrimmage.
0 x

JKillerK
New Recruit
Posts: 116
Joined: December 2016
x 2
x 25
Contact:

Re: Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by JKillerK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:17 am

THR has a good write up from the new beat reporter.
0 x

User avatar
kfan12
New Recruit
Posts: 122
Joined: December 2016
x 31
Contact:

Re: Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by kfan12 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:41 am

JKillerK wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:17 am
THR has a good write up from the new beat reporter.
link?
0 x
BG


oldgrad74
New Recruit
Posts: 105
Joined: December 2016
x 3
x 13
Contact:

Re: Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by oldgrad74 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:04 am

Thanks for the link. I thought the writer tried too hard to be "cute". The write-up itself was good.

I am a little worried that so much of this season is riding on one player - Kelvin Hopkins. I pray I am proven wrong but I expect a "leveling off" this season. By this I mean we get what we can expect from here on out as long as Coach Monken remains. Nine wins maybe ten. How is that for a year-in-year-out expectation. I believe we will retain the CIC.

Please, please, please I hope I am proven wrong.
Last edited by oldgrad74 on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

armyfan1993
New Recruit
Posts: 376
Joined: December 2016
x 69
x 54
Contact:

Re: Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by armyfan1993 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:05 am

I've been impressed by the new THR reporter. He's filling in Sal's shoes well, and is giving a lot of substance in each article. Hopefully it continues as the season gets closer
1 x

Go Frogs
New Recruit
Posts: 14
Joined: December 2016
Contact:

Re: Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by Go Frogs » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 pm

IMO Yes Kelvin Hopkins is important to the team this year. Probably the most important player. However, we thought replacing Bradshaw would be impossible. I believe in Coach Monken. He will have our back ups ready to step up if needed (hopefully not needed).
0 x

wpgrad
New Recruit
Posts: 641
Joined: December 2016
x 8
x 109
Contact:

Re: Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by wpgrad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:30 pm

oldgrad74 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:04 am
Thanks for the link. I thought the writer tried too hard to be "cute". The write-up itself was good.

I am a little worried that so much of this season is riding on one player - Kelvin Hopkins. I pray I am proven wrong but I expect a "leveling off" this season. By this I mean we get what we can expect from here on out as long as Coach Monken remains. Nine wins maybe ten. How is that for a year-in-year-out expectation. I believe we will retain the CIC.

Please, please, please I hope I am proven wrong.
I think our line and depth (we are WAY DEEPER on the depth chart than, say, 10 years ago) will allow us to win 6-7 games regardless of who is at QB. Army is at the point that I think games like UTSA and WKU, while we may lose occasionally, are teams we can now consistently beat. But I think many fans underestimate the loss of #4 Cam Thomas in the event Hopkins was injured. I don't think we can beat AF or Navy (and of course michigan) or Tulane without hopkins....yet.
1 x

JKillerK
New Recruit
Posts: 116
Joined: December 2016
x 2
x 25
Contact:

Re: Any news from the scrimmage?

Post by JKillerK » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Reading the article it looks like we are knee deep in potential backups. You may see some of them in other
spots as things roll on. The boss does move people about as they are evaluated.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic