Jim Harbaugh

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
guppie58
New Recruit

Jim Harbaugh

Post by guppie58 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:27 pm

In reference to Army's blocking: "It was criminal at times," Harbaugh said. "The 10-and-2 rule was not taking place. I mean, there was times it was 6 o’clock directly behind and from the sides."

My friends and I have discussed Jim Harbaugh a bit recently, and I must say that I'm not a fan. First, his press conference abilities are atrocious. Second, he only talks about his individual players. He didn't talk much about Army before or after the game.

In contrast, Lincoln Riley was awesome. He previewed Army and discussed the challenge. He gave great credit to Army after the game, rather than just making excuses for his team or being accusatory of Army. Oklahoma is willing to play at Army (whether that has anything to do with the coach or not).

The Michigan fan base was way better than I expected, and very polite and respectful of Army. I just can't say I like their coach.

It's a tough position...I want them to win it all so Army can be the only team to challenge the national champions. But I don't know if I want JH to have that.
0 x
It doesn't take better players. It takes a better TEAM.

hiangle6
New Recruit

Re: Jim Harbaugh

Post by hiangle6 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:50 am

Harbaugh is a whiny under-achieving punk.

That is all.
0 x

ArmyRoadFan7
New Recruit

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 am

The officials were not shy about calling penalties on Army during that game. If there were all of these illegal blocks like he says the officials would have called them.
0 x

gabn92
New Recruit

Post by gabn92 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:28 pm

Harbaugh’s press conference comments aside, I was given a report that the Michigan football team actually sang the Alma Mater with Army after the game. Can anyone confirm that report? If true, that doesn’t happen without the coaching staff planning and directing it.
0 x

Mack270
New Recruit

Post by Mack270 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:01 pm

They stood behind us like essentially every team does. Harbaugh asked Monken about it before the game and had his players go stand over there.

As for those comments, I'm glad I didn't watch his press conference then. Whining garbage
0 x

USMANole
New Recruit

Post by USMANole » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:37 pm

Can't speak for Harbaugh...but the Michigan crowd was fantastic. Because we did not have a band present (at least that you could hear from the 50 yard line) and because the crowd did not understand what was happening at the end of the game as the Alma Matter was being sung in that corner of the end zone, the vast majority of the crowd spontaneously broke into a "U-S-A...U-S-A" chant. Made the hair on my neck stand up.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:57 pm

I didn't think that Harbaugh's post game conference was anything to write home about. His manner was somewhat detached and his gum chewing was not to my liking. Not so professional in my opinion.
0 x

TheBatman
New Recruit

Post by TheBatman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:18 am

Michigan crowd was great. In-between quarters on the field they introduced Bob Jones USMA ‘65, who spent 5 years as a POW, and honored him with a round of applause. From my vantage point it looked like the whole U of M student section was also clapping and being polite. Considering the fact that Ann Arbor is the Berkeley of the Midwest (or perhaps Berkeley is the Ann Arbor of the West??) , I was pleasantly surprised
0 x

TheBatman
New Recruit

Post by TheBatman » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:27 am

I posted this on a different thread but here is Michigan’s defensive coordinator (I think a Norwich grad) talking about the Army game

https://youtu.be/xz9ymWg05B0

He goes into detail about what happened during our drive in the 3rd quarter before the interception. He also says some very complementary things about Army. Said he’d be “shocked” if we lose another game. Also said our o-line were “animals” (in a good way).

He concludes the interview with “But I know one thing ..they (Army) get my respect, I’ll tell ya, cause.. it’s a physical day. And I invite you, come watch the film. You would not believe the violence on the tape, that’s all I can tell you, it’s a violent deal. (In a) Good way!”
0 x

ColdWarYushok87
New Recruit

Post by ColdWarYushok87 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:59 pm

USMANole wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:37 pm
Can't speak for Harbaugh...but the Michigan crowd was fantastic. Because we did not have a band present (at least that you could hear from the 50 yard line) and because the crowd did not understand what was happening at the end of the game as the Alma Matter was being sung in that corner of the end zone, the vast majority of the crowd spontaneously broke into a "U-S-A...U-S-A" chant. Made the hair on my neck stand up.

The Spirit Band was there on our sideline but you couldn’t even hear them from the visitors section in the end zone
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic