Sal Interdonato back at the TH-Record?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
New Recruit

Re: Sal Interdonato back at the TH-Record?

Post by RABBLE » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Remember the old ARMY MEDIA GUIDES? They were all shiny books. What do you get now? About a 160 pages on 8 by 11 sheets of paper off the internet that you yourself have to punch 3 holes in each sheet and put it all in a 2-inch binder. :?
More work and a helluva lot of printer toner.
0 x

armyftball
New Recruit

Post by armyftball » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:44 am

RABBLE wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:40 pm
Remember the old ARMY MEDIA GUIDES? They were all shiny books. What do you get now? About a 160 pages on 8 by 11 sheets of paper off the internet that you yourself have to punch 3 holes in each sheet and put it all in a 2-inch binder. :?
More work and a helluva lot of printer toner.
There are still a lot of colleges that print the football Media Guides.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=20 ... edia+guide
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:15 pm

Some still do but must of them are big time PR offices that have hundreds of media people attending each home game. The problem with us is we don't have the media following us anymore. No need to print a shiny covered guide. Just print a couple pages off the internet and that's good enough. It's sad these days. The ones who do show up get a plastic covered sheet with some info on it in case anybody wants to print something off it for their small Sunday paper . No wonder Michie is half empty these days. Nobody knows us in New York or elsewhere anymore.
0 x

armyftball
New Recruit

Post by armyftball » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:33 pm

RABBLE wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:15 pm
Some still do but must of them are big time PR offices that have hundreds of media people attending each home game. The problem with us is we don't have the media following us anymore. No need to print a shiny covered guide. Just print a couple pages off the internet and that's good enough. It's sad these days. The ones who do show up get a plastic covered sheet with some info on it in case anybody wants to print something off it for their small Sunday paper . No wonder Michie is half empty these days. Nobody knows us in New York or elsewhere anymore.
The TH-Record guy doesnt even attend the after game press conferences.
That whole paper has fallen apart.
It keeps getting new owners & the size of it has really shrunk with a majority of it just AP stories.

Remember back in the late 90s when a Westchester Paper would have teenagers handing out free copies of the paper in the parking lots before the home games & there would be a big section on each game?

The days of the "newspaper" seem numbered.
0 x

armyftball
New Recruit

Post by armyftball » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:39 pm

On that topic too, ya gotta wonder how long the game programs will be for sale at the stadium.
I used to buy one for each game, but with 95% of it identical for each game, I just switched to buying them the first home game then keeping it throughout the season.
I never see any fans in the seats looking at one.
They cant be selling that many of them.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:04 pm

It's like the USMA band from 125 to 35 members.
The THR is decaying.

It's called budget cuts. :roll: :roll: :roll:
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:07 pm

The oldest Aymy band in the nation is the USMA Band.
2 snare drums, 3 Souzaphones a couple of flutes and
RECORDED MUSIC !!!

One helluva halftime show !! :cry:
0 x

tommac180
New Recruit

Post by tommac180 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:19 pm

RABBLE wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:04 pm
It's like the USMA band from 125 to 35 members.
The THR is decaying.

It's called budget cuts. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Rab. Write your congressman and senators about the band. Congress is who cut the budget for bands
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:21 pm

Why write your congressmen and Senators from NJ where I live? There all practically Democrats. They are too busy these days impeaching. My letter would be quickly round filed by some lackey desk secretary.
The band can't get any smaller. My high school band is bigger. My HS band may not play as well as the USMA Band but they are bigger.
Look at old parade footage and noticed the size of the WP Band. HUGE. It makes today's unit a disgrace in size.
Recorded Music was unheard of back 50 years ago. Really embarrassing today. It really is.

I remember the old days when the Hawthorne Caballeros used to play halftime for us? Great and exciting shows. Today the band plays two standstill tunes and that is it. 7 minutes does not fill a 20 minute halftime.

The hypocrisy of it all, they bring out field microphones to make it look like they are actually playing what your are hearing over the stadium loudspeakers.

And for this you pay $100 bucks for a single seat in Section 12. Unbelievable.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic