2019 record

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
kfan12
New Recruit

2019 record

Post by kfan12 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Army's record, heading into the Navy game is 5-7. Though it is a losing record, it may overstate Army's performance so far this year.
-- The team has lost to every team on the schedule with a winning record and lost to 6-6 Tulane and 5-7 SJSU.
-- The best win on the record is over 4-8 UTSA. VMI is 5-7 but is an mid-level FCS team this year.
-- Discounting the two wins against FCS opponents, Army is 3-7.
-- Both FCS teams Army beat have losing records.

If performance holds serve. Navy should win easily.
0 x
BG

ArmyRoadFan7
New Recruit

Re: 2019 record

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:47 pm

kfan12 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:09 pm
Army's record, heading into the Navy game is 5-7. Though it is a losing record, it may overstate Army's performance so far this year.
-- The team has lost to every team on the schedule with a winning record and lost to 6-6 Tulane and 5-7 SJSU.
-- The best win on the record is over 4-8 UTSA. VMI is 5-7 but is an mid-level FCS team this year.
-- Discounting the two wins against FCS opponents, Army is 3-7.
-- Both FCS teams Army beat have losing records.

If performance holds serve. Navy should win easily.
Air Force and Michigan were bigger favorites than Navy is going to be and Army had multiple chances to win both of those games.
0 x

WrekDivr
New Recruit

Post by WrekDivr » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:55 pm

This has been a frustrating year for sure. That said, we don’t gain much by seeing how negative we can make it. We CAN beat Navy and I will be yelling my ass off trying to will that to happen.
0 x

2mint
New Recruit

Post by 2mint » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:30 pm

navy doesn’t exactly have the strongest resume. Outside of their victory over SMU their 6 other conference victories came against the bottom 6 teams in the AAC to include stalwarts such as ECU, Connecticut, and a Houston team whose top 2 players redshirted after game 4. Not counting ND (which was a beat down) their 3 toughest games (SMU, AFA & Tulane) were all played at home. Tulane was missing their top 2 rushers when they played navy and only lost on a last second 48-yd field goal. So yes this season has been a huge disappointment but assuming we can muster a QB, we have every chance to win this game.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 pm

There is always hope on the horizon despite Navy being 9-2 and us at 5-7 and no quarterback.
USEMAH, USEMAH, ARMY RAH! TEAM, TEAM, TEAM !! YEA!

I'm still loaded with positivity!!! :D :) :) 8-)
0 x

kfan12
New Recruit

Post by kfan12 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:21 pm

I certainly have hope, but I do tend to go back every year and check out how our opponents have finished the regular season...to me it helps place the season in context. I was shocked to realize we have not one win against an opponent with a winning record.
0 x
BG

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:10 pm

Since we do not have a win against anybody with a winning record, we have certainly slipped this season from one year ago when we had our best record of 11 wins. It takes a long time to build a program but it takes jjust a year to knock it way down like this year.
0 x

palidog
New Recruit

Post by palidog » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:09 pm

The Army-Navy game is often a tossup and it could be one again this year. Navy is a pretty good team but Army has proven itself that it can keep things close against it better competition (i.e. Michigan and Air Force). My issue, though, is that we beat five very bad teams and not one average or better than average team. This was totally unexpected and has me wondering about how good we will be next year. I only hope that the great three year run was not an aberration.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:27 pm

It could be close if we could keep a QB healthy enough to finish a game. Otherwise, it could be a long day next week.
0 x

keco616
New Recruit

Post by keco616 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:44 am

palidog wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:09 pm
The Army-Navy game is often a tossup and it could be one again this year. Navy is a pretty good team but Army has proven itself that it can keep things close against it better competition (i.e. Michigan and Air Force). My issue, though, is that we beat five very bad teams and not one average or better than average team. This was totally unexpected and has me wondering about how good we will be next year. I only hope that the great three year run was not an aberration.
That is true, but the team that was supposed to win has basically done so for the last 17 years.

All in, Army is poor this year, I cannot see us possibly winning this game. I'm completely shocked Ken turned a bad team around to a10 win team and Army has the largest drop in year-over-year win totals of any FBS team, even with a weak schedule. How that happens.... I've no idea.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic