"OU football: Army game at Michie Stadium could be imperiled by pandemic"

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.

ArmyRoadFan7
New Recruit

Re: "OU football: Army game at Michie Stadium could be imperiled by pandemic"

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

With them delaying the public on sale date. I wonder if they are thinking about a limited capacity crowd composed primarily of season ticket holders and A club members. It could also be them just trying to make the refund process easier as well.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE »

No, the real reason is the longer they can hold this years ticket money for the interest on it, the better it will be for the athletic office. It's business.
I mean I have had season tickets since forever but the longer these schools hold out , the better it will be for them and not us.
Holding games without fans? That is a joke. They will play MAYBE, but with no fans in the stands will prove to me that the only thing these schools are doing is trying to get SOME REVENUE from the TV contracts some of these schools know would be coming their way. The fans, of course, be damned. (as usual).
Just refund my ticket fee for this year and call it a season. Keep the A Club money at the academy as a token of my appreciation for all the good years I had enjoying our Black Knights.
Take the cheers of the fans away and the game just doesn't mean much if they decide to play in an empty stadium.
There is always 2021 you might say but for me and at my age, I might not see 2021. That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. I went thru this RSV, Pnuemonia, drop foot and Corona BS. We don't need any more deaths from this crap. Sports are just not necessary in this context. They just aren't in my opinion.
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE »

By the way, I ordered my two stadium seats from some outfit down south as I always do but as of this date and after a couple of months after writing my check out, they still have not cashed my check. Maybe they know something about this season I do not know. Nobody knows nothing , or do they??

AH!!! the intrigue of it all!!! ;)

It's like a movie!! :roll:

Reminds me of the NCAA.

Yet again, THEY NEVER known much aboutf anything at all in the first place. :D :D
0 x

oldgrad74
New Recruit

Post by oldgrad74 »

Rabble, you said, "The fans, of course, be damned. (as usual)."

I think you are wrong here. Your thought process has colleges thinking let's play in empty stadiums & the fans be damned.

I don't think any college is thinking this and they want to play in empty stadiums. It seems like the only viable option at this point. If you don't want to watch the games to protest you the fan being dumped upon, then by all means don't watch.

It certainly won't be the same, but give me college sports in any manner!
1 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE »

I really feel bad for the seniors playing the game of football for the last year of their college careers. Let them play. No fans of course, but the fans in the stands is a great part of the college atmosphere. Without the cheers, without the spirit and without the bands, well, anything that made the college game what it is today, it just won't be the same. Sort of empty for the guys playing that game I would think.
What I meant was as long as the administrators can make a buck with the TV revenue, who needs the fans?
I'm a fan like every body who goes and supports the team will not be there. Thus, the fans be damned. Sorta like second class to me anyway.
0 x

Armyfan
New Recruit

Post by Armyfan »

Rab, They can pipe in band music and cheers. It won;t be great but let the games go on.
0 x

rbmarmy
New Recruit

Post by rbmarmy »

But how does the AAA PAY for all this. These coaches are not coaching for nothing. Who can aford to buy TV ads when you business has been shut down for 3 months. And the people you market to have no money to spend?
0 x

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I say let the students VOLUNTARILY attend the games. 17-21 year olds make up about 1/1000th of the deaths from Covid 19.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic