Football or not?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
guppie58
New Recruit

Re: Football or not?

Post by guppie58 »

Keko, that is a great point. I was sharing that with my sister the other day. Losing a season of college football would be devastating for all college athletics, considering that football usually brings in something like 90% of a college's athletic revenue, which is then used to fund other sports.

ARMORMAN, I actually know people who have been anti-vaxxers who now say we shouldn't open anything back up until there is a vaccine. The cognitive dissonance is mind blowing.
0 x
It doesn't take better players. It takes a better TEAM.

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE »

armourman--
Yes we do have a flu vaccine but it only a crap shoot if that years strain works. Scientists only guess in actuality if it is effective beforehand. This year is was only 20% effective.
We have lost 100,000 citizens to this virus in 5 months. In Korea we lost 55,000 in three years during that war.
This is a WAR, and your enemy is not dressed up in combat attire. No football until we lick this thing with a effective, proven vaccine. My opinion.
To the other intelligencia who posted about Normandy--
I would have made the same call as Ike did at Normandy. We would have had to wait another 33 days for the next available time slot to evade because of tide and moon problems. We could have never held 150,000 men in the South of England for that time due to leaks by tongues and enemy spies to tell where we were landing. NOT CALAIS BUT NORMANDY.
Please read a little on that bit of history. Know the true story. Thank You ;)
0 x

RABBLE
New Recruit

Post by RABBLE »

By the way, I'm a "VACCER". I had the damn crap , along with 5 lobe Pnuemonia , plus RSV( if you know what that is) plus a contracted Drop Foot along with 100 pills, assorted injections and all other lovely things I saw
in my 58 day stay in the damn hospital.
I've see to much death for me to say that we should keep college athletics going for the almighty dollar so we can say we have it and have some kid die from this plague because football makes money to fund a gazillion other sports in a place where we shouldn't open colleges until this plague is dead and buried.
My two cents.
I'm just pissed from all this greed. Wake up everybody. I sure did.
0 x

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Let the students attend the game. That's what it was originally all about anyway. Then they realized they could make money selling tickets.
0 x

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic