Well that's embarrassing

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
hiangle6
Warrior

Well that's embarrassing

Post by hiangle6 »

Navy wins the star series 20-4 this year.

They've won at least the last 5 or 6, if I am not mistaken.

I'm not one to call for jobs, but the Athletic Department, at least as it relates to competitiveness with Navy, does not seem to be heading in the right direction.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Well that's embarrassing

Post by RABBLE »

20-4. That is just bad. What is the reason why Army teams just cannot beat Navy? Any ideas?
We constantly say "BEAT NAVY!!" The Mids always say "BEAT ARMY!!"
I guess only one school is doing it and it isn't us. :? :?
1 x
area walker
Warrior

Post by area walker »

When he refused to go for it at the 50 needing one yard I knew we were done. What’s happened? Lost my old Army team.
2 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

10 years we run the Wishbone.
Conditions change. [like coaches).
We fall.
10 years we use a pro set.
We fail
We fire. {like coaches).
10 years we run the triple Option.
We succeed.
Rules change.
We run the gun option.
We fail.
0 x
WrekDivr
Warrior

Post by WrekDivr »

hiangle6 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:05 am Navy wins the star series 20-4 this year.

They've won at least the last 5 or 6, if I am not mistaken.

I'm not one to call for jobs, but the Athletic Department, at least as it relates to competitiveness with Navy, does not seem to be heading in the right direction.
And they are doing it with Gladchuk as AD. How does that happen?
0 x
hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

area walker wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:13 pm When he refused to go for it at the 50 needing one yard I knew we were done. What’s happened? Lost my old Army team.
Great question on this. Do the analytics no longer say "go for it on 4th and xxx if you are at the xxx yard line"? I would think that this would be sort of a constant unless we all of a sudden turn into a quick strike offense.
0 x
wpgrad
Warrior

Post by wpgrad »

hiangle6 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:31 pm
area walker wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:13 pm When he refused to go for it at the 50 needing one yard I knew we were done. What’s happened? Lost my old Army team.
Great question on this. Do the analytics no longer say "go for it on 4th and xxx if you are at the xxx yard line"? I would think that this would be sort of a constant unless we all of a sudden turn into a quick strike offense.
In the presser, he indicated that they had planned to do a fake punt but ULM left their defense on the field instead of their punt unit
2 x
hiangle6
Warrior

Post by hiangle6 »

wpgrad wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:37 pm
hiangle6 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:31 pm
In the presser, he indicated that they had planned to do a fake punt but ULM left their defense on the field instead of their punt unit

Thanks for telling me. I avoided all things Army football until today, as I knew it would just piss me off.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic