Lots of moving parts that MAY impact the NE hire and JM's status...

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
RABBLE
Warrior

Re: Lots of moving parts that MAY impact the NE hire and JM's status...

Post by RABBLE »

Personally, I want Coach Monken to stay at WP until he wants to retire.
Jeff is building a legacy here. His dream of coaching at a power 5 is a dream and an admirable one but in so doing, I feel he will get lost in the shuffle of the teams that dominate the national scene and to accomplish that mission of great success at another institution.
He is becoming a treasure at the academy, I believe he truly loves West Point, is comfortable here with no chance of ever winding up on the proverbial hotseat. His TO is unique and would and already is a mainstay of Army Football. He will continue his winning ways down the line with maybe only an occasional misstep along the way. He could conceivably pass Coach Blaik someday as Army's most winning coach. To me that would be an unbelievable feat. To me that is something I would shoot for in the next decade if i were in his shoes.
It is really too late for him to gain a legacy of sorts at any other school because he has been in the game for quite a few years now and time is already growing short.

I can visualize two statues outside of the new east stands of Michie someday. One of Earl Blaik and one of Jeff Monken.
What better legacy for a coach at one school then that?
0 x
2mint
Warrior

Re: Lots of moving parts that MAY impact the NE hire and JM's status...

Post by 2mint »

Agree with you Rab!

On a separate note, interesting to see Tulane’s Willie Fritz in line to get the Georgia Tech job. Fritz succeeded Jeff Monken at Georgia Southern and was also reportedly in the mix for the Kansas job a couple of years ago.
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic