Choices?

Discussing Army Black Knights football, basketball and more. United States Military Academy sports forum. West Point athletics discussion board.
Dude69
Warrior

Choices?

Post by Dude69 »

Army/UMass at 1200 -or- Michigan/Ohio State at 1200?

I’ve had choices
Since the day that I was born
There were voices
That told me right from wrong
If I had listened
No I wouldn’t be here today
Living and dying
With the choices I made

A little George Jones from one of his few sober years. He didn’t write it. He just sang it to make himself feel like he wasn’t lying to himself anymore.
1 x
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Re: Choices?

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

I have been thinking how to handle it myself. Probably will put Army on the TV and put Michigan-Ohio State on my laptop.
0 x
Oliphant
Warrior

Post by Oliphant »

I don't have access to ESPN+.

So I will go with the Big Game of the year.
0 x
21-17!
ArmyRoadFan7
Warrior

Post by ArmyRoadFan7 »

Michigan-Ohio State is a great rivalry but it lost any claim to call itself the greatest rivalry after they refused to play each other in 2020 in my opinion.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

If they would knock off the crap at NBC, they would cancel all those HOME Notre Dame games exclusively on TV and let other teams play on that station. No other team has such a hold on one of the biggest networks in the country. Time to ditch that contract as Combination In Restraint Of Trade.
It's a national game. How can one team dominate the airwaves on a Saturday afternoon? Pure bull droppings!!
One more thing while I'm at it. How does Notre Dame keep their nickname as the Fighting Irish?
All other schools with ethnic nicknames were forced to change to a non-ethnic nickname.
What about god's gift to college football? They are different???
How do they get away with the Irish name and then call them FIGHTING. The Irish don't fight more than any other ethnic group.
I PROTEST VEHEMENTLY!! Go back to your original nickname , the RAMBLERS !!
I'm not kidding either. How about ditching that stupid Leprachaun guy and bring back the Scottie dog, At least the dog is reality. A Leprachaun is nothing more than a figment of one's imagination.
A get rid of those sicky green uniforms that they wear on occasion. Your colors are BLUE and Gold in honor of the Blessed Virgin-not Irish green.
Hell, the Golden Dome on the church ought to be painted GREEN because they use the Irish malarky as much as they do.
OK, good school but as far as the way they run their football program, they sucketh.
1 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

Geez, and I am a Catholic too. :cry:
I shouldn't be talking about the "Irish" the way I do, should I? I might wind up in the fires of Gehenna talking like this.
At any rate, FIGHT ON USC, FIGHT ON !! :D :D :D :D
Anyway, our dear Lord was always a mixture of a Black Knight, a Trojan and a Buckeye.
Geez, I hope he is. If he isn't , I'm a goner!!
0 x
tommac180
Warrior

Post by tommac180 »

I believe the dog mascot for ND was an Irish Terrier not a Scottie
0 x
Tacoff
Warrior

Post by Tacoff »

My son commanded the 1/69th Infantry, part of the Irish Brigade. The 1/69th, the longest serving battalion in the Army, lost 19 soldiers (and 119 wounded) in Iraq. The battalion used to be known as The Fighting Irish—and then that football team stole the name. The 1/69th is now called The Fighting 69th (there’s a book by that name).
Also the battalion, long ago,once had a battalion chaplain, Father William Corby. Later, he went to Notre Dame and was twice its president. Later, after he died in 1887, a statue was erected on campus. His figure stands on it with his hand raised as though giving a benediction. Now he is known all over campus as Fair Catch Corby.
0 x
Tacoff
Warrior

Post by Tacoff »

My son commanded the 1/69th Infantry, part of the Irish Brigade. The 1/69th, the longest serving battalion in the Army, lost 19 soldiers (and 119 wounded) in Iraq. The battalion used to be known as The Fighting Irish—and then that football team stole the name. The 1/69th is now called The Fighting 69th (there’s a book by that name).
Also the battalion, long ago,once had a battalion chaplain, Father William Corby. Later, he went to Notre Dame and was twice its president. Later, after he died in 1887, a statue was erected on campus. His figure stands on it with his hand raised as though giving a benediction. Now he is known all over campus as Fair Catch Corby.
0 x
RABBLE
Warrior

Post by RABBLE »

tommac180 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:13 pm I believe the dog mascot for ND was an Irish Terrier not a Scottie
You are correct. well, at least I got the dog part right. ;)
0 x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic